Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida boy, 11, arrested after refusing to recite ‘racist’ Pledge of Allegiance:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    There's no racist part in it form that stand point . I think the kid was confusing the pledge of allegiance to the national anthem.

However he doesn't want to worship a flag that's on him.

the part of the the 200 year old song they removed wasnt racist either.
    and no one "worships" their flag. But they do respect it with pride. people fight for their hoods. or a colored bandana. why wouldn't you respect your COUNTRY'S flag. the hypocrisy

Comment

A Florida middle school student was arrested earlier this month after allegedly getting into a confrontation with school officials and a law enforcement officer following reports that he refused to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

The 11-year-old attends the sixth grade at Lawton Chiles Middle Academy in Lakeland. He has been charged with disrupting a school function and resisting arrest without being violent, both misdemeanors. The Feb. 4 incident began when the boy allegedly told his substitute teacher he did not want to stand for the pledge because he viewed the American flag as racist against African-Americans.

In a handwritten statement to Polk County Public Schools, the teacher reported telling the boy, "Why if it was so bad here he did not go to another place to live." She said he then said, "they brought me here," according to Bay News 9.

The student was arrested by a school resource officer after he refused to follow commands and called school officials racists, reports said. He has not been identified by the school or police. A Lakeland police spokesperson declined to comment on the matter, The Ledger newspaper reported.

The boy's mother told the news station that "if she (the teacher) felt like there was an issue with my son not standing for the flag, she should've resolved that in a way different manner than she did."
      On bright side, he wasn't raping a dog in the cafeteria.

Comment

Nahh dude. I think he was just arguing something his parents or other adults said.
        You're making my point. He didn't think critically, didn't formulate his own opinion. He just parroted what his mother and other adults told him, wrongly.

He needs to be properly taught

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          the part of the the 200 year old song they removed wasnt racist either.
          and no one "worships" their flag. But they do respect it with pride. people fight for their hoods. or a colored bandana. why wouldn't you respect your COUNTRY'S flag. the hypocrisy
          300 years of oppression and being label as a second class citizen could do it.

The guy who wrote the song owned slaves so it wasn't meant for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            You're making my point. He didn't think critically, didn't formulate his own opinion. He just parroted what his mother and other adults told him, wrongly.

He needs to be properly taught
            I never said your point was wrong.

Comment

300 years of oppression and being label as a second class citizen could do it.

The guy who wrote the song owned slaves so it wasn't meant for everyone.

black people owned slaves IN AMERICA. francis scott key, the poet, also was the major reason they freed the slaves. he provided free legal aid to slaves to help them gain their freedom and refuge. lol.

the part of the national anthem that people called "racist" is referring to the freed slaves that the British were recruiting to fight with them.

basically it's saying we are killing everyone that it's fighting for the brits, brits or slaves. which is reasonable in war right?

Comment

[QUOTE=Lopez_Boxing;19519123]black people owned slaves IN AMERICA. francis scott key, the poet, also was the major reason they freed the slaves. he provided free legal aid to slaves to help them gain their freedom and refuge. lol.

That still doesn't take away from what i said there has been 300 years of oppression in this country. Civil rights was only less than 60 years ago.

Comment

Poor parenting. Kid is 11 years old and is already ****ed up.

Comment

[QUOTE=JcLazyX210;19519670]
                    Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    black people owned slaves IN AMERICA. francis scott key, the poet, also was the major reason they freed the slaves. he provided free legal aid to slaves to help them gain their freedom and refuge. lol.

That still doesn't take away from what i said there has been 300 years of oppression in this country. Civil rights was only less than 60 years ago.
                    You want a pat on the back or something? You've never felt an ounce of oppression.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Can someone please point out the racist part?
                      Having to stand and recite the pledge is now optional in most if not all schools.

I'm almost sure it's nothing to get arrested for...

Comment

Working...
                      X