No announcement yet.

Whiskey lovers: what's your go to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey lovers: what's your go to?

If we're talking about affordable retail brands, I really don't see how you can get much better than jack daniels. It's so absolutely superior to anything else even close to its price range. I appreciate the occassional 100+ dollar bottle but you really can't go wrong with Tennessee whiskey.

So smooth and it has that light almost candy flavor that you don't find in other whiskeys.

Makers mark

Comment

This right here is like sipping on an angel's nipples.

JD single barrel heritage.

Comment

Johnny Walker blue label.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
          Johnny Walker blue label.
          Always the Blue Label or Soju.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Always the Blue Label or Soju.

Some of the best nights I had started with several of these bottles

Comment

I love to chug a bottle of Evan Williams and throw up behind a Tom Thumb's dumpster every now and again.

Comment

No disrespect but JD has a really gritty, low-grade taste. It is to whiskey what Cuervo is to Tequila, Morgan's is to Rum. If you can enjoy it, more power to you though as the price is great.

Knob Creek is decent. Something that tasted similar was when Willy Nelson has a whiskey. I'm not sure who made it for him but it was like a slightly more dry and mature Knob Creek. Good, strong stuff. I still have an unopened bottle from 15 years ago.
                Woodford reserve is another good Bourbon. Been wanting to try Buffalo Trace again.

Anyone try any of the "moonshines" that have started gaining in popularity. I did that stuff when it's done right. Real clean flavor but not short on character.
                Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-19-2019, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Almost anything from Kentucky. The hangovers from JD was always rough. Not so much with Wild Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
                    The hangovers from JD was always rough. Not so much with Wild Turkey.
                    I had a boss tell me that once. He used to sip Wild Turkey throughout the day and when I asked him why that was his preferred brand, he said "less hangover".

Comment

Working...
                    X