No announcement yet.

Increase in anti-Semitic Google searches in America per CNN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase in anti-Semitic Google searches in America per CNN

(CNN)The deadliest attack on Jews in American history appears to have triggered a spike in anti-Semitic searches on Google, exclusive research by CNN shows.

In the hours and days after 11 people were slaughtered inside the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh last October, so many people typed hateful language into Google that it produced the most anti-Semitic searches seen in the last 12 months.
    Our analysis did not include benign searches for information about the news but users seeking material for
    "Jews must die," "kill Jews," and "I hate Jews," among others, all of which were searched at alarmingly higher rates than normal.
    An increase in anti-Semitic Google searches was also found after the Passover shooting in Poway, California in April.

And as might be expected, postings on sites like 4chan and 8chan that have largely been co-opted by those with far-right views, also saw plenty of discussion about the attacks, though the content was more surprising as well as disturbing.

CNN commissioned the analysis from advocacy group HOPE Not Hate. They researched a sample of mainstream and fringe responses online for a year from May 2018 to last week to better understand how anti-Semitic views are shared and spread online, especially in the wake of the two synagogue attacks that struck fear into the hearts of American Jews. The findings come days after the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) said anti-Semitic incidents in America rose for the third year in a row, hitting near-historic highs. There were 1,879 documented attacks against Jews and Jewish institutions across the country in 2018.

Searching for "kill Jews" on Google yields stories about the Holocaust, but also specifics on how Nazis killed the Jews, and a plethora of stories of people who have made threats against Jews.

A search for the term "Jews must die" brings up stories about the Pittsburgh shooter, who allegedly shouted that before the shooting. But Googling "I hate Jews" takes you to a variety of pages ranging from a Wikipedia entry about self-hating Jews to an article about a Vice co-founder, who left the company more than a decade ago, launching into a rant about Jews in a post titled "10 things I Hate About Jews." Among the articles also are comments from President Donald Trump telling Republican donors that Democrats "hate Jewish people."

As you dive deeper into the search results of Google, the articles become less mainstream and more offensive. More rants and anti-Semitic vitriol from white supremacist sites come up.

Google searches for "kill Jews" were also atypically high, reaching levels not seen since the Pittsburgh aftermath, in the wake of the Passover shooting that killed one woman and injured the rabbi and others, our research shows.

What do you think?

Well when you elect open anti-Semites to Congress like those two terrorist supporting Muslim gals, and their political party defends them when they continue to spew their hatred and anti-Semitism, this cant come as a big surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Well when you elect open anti-Semites to Congress like those two terrorist supporting Muslim gals, and their political party defends them when they continue to spew their hatred and anti-Semitism, this cant come as a big surprise.
      Don’t jews vote democratic? What political party do you think support the killing of Jews?

Comment

Probably boosted by cnn employees googling them shits

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
          Probably boosted by cnn employees googling them shits
          Lmaooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            Don’t jews vote democratic?
            Most do, yes.

Sadly, many have fallen for the nonsense charge that Rs only like white people and are Nazis.

I'll be interested to see if that changes in 2020, between Trump moving our embassy to Jerusalem and the fact that Team D is now allowing its Muslim players to be openly anti-Semitic.

What political party do you think support the killing of Jews?
            None here, at least not any major ones.

But again, Team D does have a few House players on record advocating anti-Semitism and with contacts to terrorist groups that have called for Israel to be wiped off the map.

And they've given at least one of those pieces of garbage a seat on a Congressional committee.
            Last edited by 1bad65; 05-15-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Most do, yes.

Sadly, many have fallen for the nonsense charge that Rs only like white people and are Nazis.

I'll be interested to see if that changes in 2020, between Trump moving our embassy to Jerusalem and the fact that Team D is now allowing its Muslim players to be openly anti-Semitic.

None here, at least not any major ones.

But again, Team D does have a few House players on record advocating anti-Semitism and with contacts to terrorist groups that have called for Israel to be wiped off the map.

And they've given at least one of those pieces of garbage a seat on a Congressional committee.
              I would think hardcore Jews would relate to the more Conservative party. I would also think that would be the case with AA and Asians. The handouts do help out the urban voters , I don’t see what the Jews are getting out of voting democratic.

Comment

I would think hardcore Jews would relate to the more Conservative party. I would also think that would be the case with AA and Asians. The handouts do help out the urban voters , I don’t see what the Jews are getting out of voting democratic.
                I completely agree, especially with that last sentence.

I read an article today on this very topic. Asians are unhappy that liberals are now making more and more university admissions solely about race and 'diversity' than about merit.

This harms Asians disproportionately, as they score better on tests, etc used to measure merit on the admissions process.

Here's that very article:
                https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/hele...ould-walk-away
                Last edited by 1bad65; 05-15-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I completely agree, especially with that last sentence.

I read an article today on this very topic. Asians are unhappy that liberals are now making more and more university admissions solely about race and 'diversity' than about merit.

This harms Asians disproportionately, as they score better on tests, etc used to measure merit on the admissions process.

Here's that very article:
                  https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/hele...ould-walk-away
                  That article is on point. Alot of educated AA males are starting to vote republican and actually doing it openly. The main pull from that crowd are AA women and they are on femnist wave so I doubt they will change their habits. The independent party is also growing. Democrats will lose the next election too. Just watch.

Comment

That article is on point. Alot of educated AA males are starting to vote republican and actually doing it openly. The main pull from that crowd are AA women and they are on femnist wave so I doubt they will change their habits. The independent party is also growing. Democrats will lose the next election too. Just watch.
                    Some real **** right there

Comment

Working...
                    X