Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is nothing 'great' about canelo or his performance last night.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    Nobody hand picks a guy like Jacobs. Jacobs gave GG all he could handle. The above doesn't make sense. Why would they think that Jacobs is an easy fight? Why?
    I say that because Jacobs have been dropped and stopped before in his career. In addition, it's the reason why I believe Golden Boy was comfortable in selecting him as Canelo's next opponent, in order to showcase his skills because they saw Danny as potentially vulnerable.

Comment

Of course you would think that

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        The bold: That's why I say YDKSAB.

Defense if one the criteria. You can win a whole round or rounds without punching if you are making the other boxer miss.

Canelo's head movement was a thing of beauty.
        And jacobs was catching canelos punches on the gloves. His defense was just as effective but it doesnt look as flashy. Canelo tired himself out in the 2nd half cause of his movement.

Comment

It was a boring fight .
          And a boring night .
          UFC will be gaining again after last night.
          What a overhyped borefest that was.
          Hell, the card on ESPN was more exciting .

Comment

You still mad canelo beat GGG and literally beat the Mexican Style out his azzz and now canelo embarrassed GGG best win who many feel he didn't even beat Jacobs. GGG struggled with Jacobs. Canelo made him miss badly and look foolish all night and easily beat Jacobs. Damn canelo ruined lives up here lol

Compubox

Canelo
            Total shots
            188 of 466 (40%)

Jabs
            68 of 202 (34%)

Power shots
            120 of 264 (46%)

Jacobs
            Total shots
            131 of 649 (20%)

Jabs
            42 of 290 (15%)

Power shots
            89 of 359 (25%)

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
              And jacobs was catching canelos punches on the gloves. His defense was just as effective but it doesnt look as flashy. Canelo tired himself out in the 2nd half cause of his movement.
              I gave Jacobs 2 rounds vs Canelo. That fight wasn't even close. I had Jacobs beating GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Shit! He was the heavy betting favorite man. Danny Jacobs was a cherrypick who he was supposed to knockout. I am sorry but cry me a fucking river. You don't get consolation prizes for winning a decision but it's how you win. Nothing short of a dominating performance by Canelo is considered failure in my book because the bar is raised so much higher for him. He is held to a different standard because he is one the most elite and best P4P fighters in the world today. In short, that was a less than stellar performance which fringed on pathetic.
                Are you ok mate ? you joined 2007 with 8k messages , are all of them that dumb ? i swear to god some of the posts i read in this forum are just mind blowing.....
                maybe you forgot the /s in the end ?
                I am not a Canelo fan and wanted him to get decapitated vs GGG , but Alas reality is that he lost the first and won the second and will win the third.
                DJ is an elite MW , not sure what did you think will happen ? was Canelo suppose to walk through a larger elite MW ?
                Did GGG walked through Jacobs ?
                This isnt Canelo vs a bum (which he had enough in the past , and they all got KO`d and dominated).
                Danny jacobs a cherry pick?! **** i hope the WW and LHW did their matchmaking as Canelo does his in MW.....

Comment

Maybe the commentary on dazn is influencing people cause sky had it a draw and everyone else i know who watched it said it could have gone either way. Dont see how im the crazy one.
                  Sky is a Hearn's family company. JS

Comment

This guy is a fu.cking idiot that does not know.about boxing

He said that he is a soccer fan most than a boxing one

Comment

Maybe the commentary on dazn is influencing people cause sky had it a draw and everyone else i know who watched it said it could have gone either way. Dont see how im the crazy one.
                      Froch had it a draw, Caldwell and Adam Smith both had Canelo winning...the general opinion the other 2 had was Jacobs closed the gap but Canelo won CLEARLY.

Jacobs was always competing but the quality was with Canelo, quality offense and defence. Not many fighters in history are going to shine on.a fighter like Jacobs, plenty would beat him but not outclass him for the duration, GGG had serious problems landing anything apart from the jab as an example.

Most of the times Jacobs had success his punches were ragged and not clean. Although for sure he had his moments and never let Canelo seperate himself or create comfort...I don't think you have a great grasp on how to score a fight as this isn't the first time you've been bemused where the general consensus agreed with the official cards.

Also - I think you're influenced by your bias.

Comment

Working...
                      X