Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The people who said joshua was outboxing ruiz before the knockdown: Are you blind?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
    You mean hearn's judges? One of which had joshua winning the fight when it was stopped.. lmfao

I rewatched the first 2 rounds just to reply to someone and watching it closely, it seems pretty clear that ruiz was outlanding joshua, who was just jabbing. Ruiz even hurt him a couple times.

There was a left hook counter that ruiz landed near 40 seconds left in the second round that staggered joshua too, on top of the overhand right that clearly staggered him at 2:45 left in the second round.
    Scoring rounds is a subjective business. You have your opinion, but similarly I think you need to allow others to have theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Scoring rounds is a subjective business. You have your opinion, but similarly I think you need to allow others to have theirs.
      Ruiz objectively outlanded joshua

Joshua objecively was throwing almost nothing but jabs

ruiz objectively staggered joshua

Comment

You mean hearn's judges? One of which had joshua winning the fight when it was stopped.. lmfao

I rewatched the first 2 rounds just to reply to someone and watching it closely, it seems pretty clear that ruiz was outlanding joshua, who was just jabbing. Ruiz even hurt him a couple times.

There was a left hook counter that ruiz landed near 40 seconds left in the second round that staggered joshua too, on top of the overhand right that clearly staggered him at 2:45 left in the second round.
        But Hearn's judges managed to score the other rds correctly ?

Strange how that works

Comment

Ruiz objectively outlanded joshua

Joshua objecively was throwing almost nothing but jabs

ruiz objectively staggered joshua
          lol you're not objective on this, goh.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            lol you're not objective on this, goh.
            Landed punches are not subjective. A fist landing on the face and body is a physical, empirical occurrence.

I loosely broke down the rounds after a rewatch, so tell me in which parts of the rounds that joshua outlanded ruiz.

And which punches he landed that would win him the round.

Comment

... "the problem " with Joshua isn't Ruiz... "the problem" is AJ himself...

Comment

Landed punches are not subjective. A fist landing on the face and body is a physical, empirical occurrence.

I loosely broke down the rounds after a rewatch, so tell me in which parts of the rounds that joshua outlanded ruiz.

And which punches he landed that would win him the round.
                Scoring rounds is subjective, there are four scoring criteria -not one called "landing punches" (the effectiveness of which is always up for debate).

I think you just need to accept that many others saw the first two rounds differently to you (though I shan't be holding my breath).

Comment

Redd Foxx for one has been talklng a lot of shlt today. I don't remember everything he said, but one thing I do remember is the ****ing ridiculous claim he made that ruiz was the same fighter he was in the second fight as the first. That ruiz not showing up to train, and coming in at 283 made no difference.

Really? In the first fight ruiz won every single round, knocked down joshua 4 times and stopped him within 7.

He didn't train, weighed in at 283, looked like absolute shlt, and he was the same fighter in the second fight lol?
                  You are delusional. You're one of these guys who is wrong all the time and you always need to create some scenario to comfort yourself into thinking you're smart. It's embarrassing to watch.
                  I wouldn't point it out if you weren't so set on being an obnoxious ass, going out of your way to confront people about the stupid stuff you say.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-09-2019, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Not for one second do I trust compubox, but just for some comparison on this objective discussion, they had Joshua outlanding 8 to 3 in the first round. And at 28% to 11%.

Yeah I know, compubox. But are they any less reliable than the op?

For me... well I gave Joshua 1, 2 and 5. Same as most of the judges. I'd never say he was in control - but I think he was winning those rounds. Not that it matters - he got beaten up and (technically) knocked out.

I think there is a tendency to overscore the underdog just for doing more than expected, or underscore a favourite for not doing what they should.

Mind you, I can appreciate that others might score it differently.

Whether it's me or the op that's wrong on the rounds is up for debate. The difference is that I can see that, while the op can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                      Not for one second do I trust compubox, but just for some comparison on this objective discussion, they had Joshua outlanding 8 to 3 in the first round. And at 28% to 11%.

Yeah I know, compubox. But are they any less reliable than the op?

For me... well I gave Joshua 1, 2 and 5. Same as most of the judges. I'd never say he was in control - but I think he was winning those rounds. Not that it matters - he got beaten up and (technically) knocked out.

I think there is a tendency to overscore the underdog just for doing more than expected, or underscore a favourite for not doing what they should.

Mind you, I can appreciate that others might score it differently.

Whether it's me or the op that's wrong on the rounds is up for debate. The difference is that I can see that, while the op can't.
                      OP thinks Ruiz won every round which is probably as biased/ridiculous an opinion as any I’ve heard. I gave Joshua 1,2 and 5..... first round didn’t have much going on but what little did land seemed to come from Joshua.

It’s always hilarious whenever someone with a very strong opinion refuses to accept other points of view.

Comment

Working...
                      X