No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
    How do you think Joshua fares in these hypothetical matchups?
    Joshua v. Fury: Fury outboxes Joshua but AJ can floor Fury. 55-45 with Fury winning if it goes the distance.

Joshua v. Wilder: Wilder probably wins, 55-45 for Wilder.

Joshua v. Usyk: Joshua wins by KO

Joshua v. Pulev: Joshua wins by KO possibly in round one or very early.

Joshua v. Hunter: Joshua wins in later rounds

Joshua v. Dubois: Tough fight. Currently, AJ has a slight edge but in another year Dubois wins.

Joshua v. Whyte (rematch): Joshua wins by KO

Joshua v. Parker (rematch): Joshua wins on points

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      4 of Joshua's last 6 opponents have been ranked top 5. Do you always talk utter shite?
      We’re not talking the past, we are talking the future. Pay attention Robbie.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        We’re not talking the past, we are talking the future. Pay attention Robbie.
        So whatever suits your agenda then. Joshua has consistently fought top fighters since becoming champion. That's more than Wilder or Fury has done.

Comment

Pretty harsh to discredit Ruiz in such a way and if you listen to his sparring partners, that dude was going to work, everyday.

I think AJ can beat anyone in the HW division and is likely the toughest opponent for all of them. That doesn't mean he even beats any of them. I'm simply saying he hits like a truck with both hands, can box well and considering how late he turned to boxing, he clearly has a natural finesse for the sport.

Even if you discount the gold medal, he took silver in the world championships and was beating the very best HWs in the world after like 15 amateur fights, then went onto unify as a pro after 21 fights! He was and still is a phenom.

That doesn't mean he can't get sparked out by somebody though

Comment

So whatever suits your agenda then. Joshua has consistently fought top fighters since becoming champion. That's more than Wilder or Fury has done.
            Yes. Now, wilder is fighting top 3 guys while AJ is fighting Bulgaria’s union worker of the year.

Comment

Yes. Now, wilder is fighting top 3 guys while AJ is fighting Bulgaria’s union worker of the year.
              Joshua just beat the guy who was ranked #1 by TBRB now you want to use mandatory defences against him. You can't be serious, being a Wilder fan trying to discredit Joshua's opposition. Fury walked away from 50% or 20 mil+ to fight Joshua, to fight Wilder for less. Says it all.

Comment

Joshua v. Fury
                A weak fight of two not very brave fighters; for 99% decision, rather to Fury.

Joshua v. Wilder
                Wilder by KO; Joshua showed that his chin is very weak.

Joshua v. Usyk
                Joshua by KO, Usyk is too weak for HW.

Joshua v. Pulev
                Joshua by KO, Pulev is weak and old.

Joshua v. Hunter
                Joshua by KO, Hunter is too weak for HW.

Joshua v. Dubois
                Joshua by decision, fighting like in Ruiz 2.

Joshua v. Whyte (rematch)
                Joshua by KO, Whyte is very weak.

Joshua v. Parker (rematch)
                Parker by decision; this time Parker will be smarter.

Comment

Americans still buy PPV's. PBC sold over $125 mil in PPV's last year.

Wilder isn't a PPV star but this fight IMO would likely sell extremely well.
                  how many PPV events did it take to reach that number ? 3 4 5 ? Bare in mind Joshua just made 85 million dollars in his last fight and that was not PPV.
                  Here is the problem that we have wilder has already stated he wants 50/50 for a Joshua fight and Joshua is already in the ball bark of making 40 million dollars each fight which means wilder will want the same.
                  Are you saying this fight will do over 2 million ppv to cover the purses of Joshua and wilder ? I doubt it can do over 1.4 million views in my opinion

Comment

Joshua just beat the guy who was ranked #1 by TBRB now you want to use mandatory defences against him. You can't be serious, being a Wilder fan trying to discredit Joshua's opposition. Fury walked away from 50% or 20 mil+ to fight Joshua, to fight Wilder for less. Says it all.
                    It's what that goon does. But he knows your right Robbie. He's in defend a duck panic mode. But he knows. I'm actually starting to feel a bit bad for him.

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
                      Joshua beats the Fury that showed up against Otto Wallin but loses a decision to the one that fought Wilder

I have to favor Wilder to catch AJ at this point

Haven't seen much from Usyk at heavyweight (beating Chazz Witherspoon doesn't tell us much) so for now I favor Joshua

AJ beats Pulev by decision. Pulev is still solid but getting long in the tooth

Joshua stops Hunter late, he's just on a higher level

Dubois is talented but I can't pick him over AJ right now

AJ stops Dillian Whyte again

AJ probably stops Parker this time.
                      Agree with everything said here.

Best version of fury beats joshua

Comment

Working...
                      X