Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm out of the loop. Did Billy Joe really duck Rosado? A sorry state.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm out of the loop. Did Billy Joe really duck Rosado? A sorry state.

4 swerves of live bodies on the spin by BJS. Who will he fight if he refuses a guy like Rosado? Maybe he wants a Kell Brook style run.

Maybe he didn't want to waste time with Rosado? Guy is 23-9, why would anyone fight him?

Comment

Golden Boy already said a BJS fight wasn't dependent on him fighting on the undercard. As long he fights someone, and doesn't stay inactive, it doesn't matter. The concept of ducking a journeyman doesn't make sense.

Comment

Is it possible to "duck" Gabriel Rosado? Come on. That would have been a crap fight.

Comment

He did turn the fight down and gave what I thought was a valid reason. He said Rosado has a poor record and a win over him does nothing for his career. He would be expected to beat Rosado and would get no credit for the win. I agree with him. Rosado is a tough game warrior who will fight anybody and that's admirable. Rosado usually loses when he fights the better fighters. Nobody would be the least bit excited or surprised if Saunders beat him. In fact if Rosado fought Brook at the middleweight limit I would pick Brook to win that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            He did turn the fight down and gave what I thought was a valid reason. He said Rosado has a poor record and a win over him does nothing for his career. He would be expected to beat Rosado and would get no credit for the win. I agree with him. Rosado is a tough game warrior who will fight anybody and that's admirable. Rosado usually loses when he fights the better fighters. Nobody would be the least bit excited or surprised if Saunders beat him. In fact if Rosado fought Brook at the middleweight limit I would pick Brook to win that fight.
            Yeah it's a good reason to turn down Rosado saying he wants a more significant fight but he turned down Golovkin, Jacobs, Lemeuix, Monroe, Stevens so eventually after turning down everyone good in the division you reach the Rosado's of the world. Not sure what he wants - he won't fight the best in the division, he won't fight the second best, he won't fight the second and third tier guys so what else is there?

Comment

Probably Bursak or some low rated Euro guy

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Golden Boy already said a BJS fight wasn't dependent on him fighting on the undercard. As long he fights someone, and doesn't stay inactive, it doesn't matter. The concept of ducking a journeyman doesn't make sense.
                Yeah I'm sure Golden Boy can care less.
                According to Eric Gomez of Golden Boy Promotions, Saunders was offered a fight with Rosado, Curtis Stevens and Willie Monroe Jr. and he turned down all three offers.“We offered him reasonable opponents, and he said no,” Gomez said. “We thought it would have been great to have Saunders and Canelo on the same card before a possible fight between them. But now we are moving on.”

They offered him Monroe and Stevens first which of course he rejected and then Rosado, so now Rosado vs Monroe are fighting each other and it looks like Lemeuix vs Stevens is happening.

And of course, Danny Jacobs and Showtime offered Saunders a fight;
                “We were getting a lot of delaying and non-response, so at a certain point Danny’s team locked in a fight rather than wait around indefinitely,” Espinoza told me recently. “I’m not sure what the plan was,” he said. “I think there was ample opportunity for him to commit to a Jacobs fight, and Jacobs even would’ve been flexible with the date and the scheduling to accommodate him. We may have been a stalking horse [a term defined as ‘a false pretext concealing someone’s real intentions’] to get another fight, but ultimately he really hasn’t committed to a fight, so I’m not sure it worked out well for him either.”

This guy doesn't want to fight anyone. I haven't heard anything from the WBO recently, but he's getting awfully close to the 9 month title defense must, he last fought in December.

Comment

He turned down a nice payday and showcase on PPV in what would have (should have?) essentially been a give me fight. He also turned down Stevens and Monroe.

Who doesn't like free money? Someone worried about blowing the Canelo payday, that's who.

Saunders apologists trying to say he didn't take the Rosado fight because Rosado wasnt worthy or some **** is comical. Rosado beats everyone on Saunders resume except Eubank.

Comment

How does a world champ duck a guy who has not done **** to earn a title shot?

Comment

Working...
                    X