Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Marcianos punches hurt the arms so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not true! Not everyone, just the few individuals who degrade while trying to impress on topics they know nothing about.
    If your intimdated by my comments thats your problem my comments are based on actual experiences.
    I don't state "everyone should listen to me" thats YOUR interpertation.
    If you don't agree with comments on why Marciano punched where he did and why he did it comment on that. Thats the thread topic, not me!
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Not true! Not everyone, just the few individuals who degrade while trying to impress on topics they know nothing about.
      If your intimdated by my comments thats your problem my comments are based on actual experiences.
      I don't state "everyone should listen to me" thats YOUR interpertation.
      If you don't agree with comments on why Marciano punched where he did and why he did it comment on that. Thats the thread topic, not me!
      Ray
      It has nothing to do with the thread topic; it's your implications that no one's opinion on here matters except yours EVERY time you post. Once in awhile is cool.. but you're rehashing your dialogue all too often.

Comment

.........."that no one's opinion on here matters"..................

As I said its not "everyone" its a few who base their opinions on NOTHING!
        Your welcomed to think what you want but when you voice it on a forum you will get called out on it!
        Your welcome to avoid my posts just as I can with yours, its all good to me. I don't care if you agree or disagree but when your opinion isn't backed up by
        your personal experiences it means less to me.

Enough time spent on this, back to the thread topic.
        Ray

Comment

Rock threw with bad intentions with full leverage with nearly every punch. Incredible stamina to load up like that for a full fight but I digress. His deliberate awkward pace enabled him to throw very powerfully each time. No matter where he landed..it was gonna hurt!

Comment

video footage doesn't lie no one can dispute Marciano hits hard...how hard and why? Well for starters he wore less padded gloves and we measure him on not fighting what modern HW's .Some will cry over this but stats and facts don't lie either. Marciano was 50 pounds lighter than the average Modern HW now, and even post eras was still significantly smaller , and so was his opponents.

Marciano threw direct deliberate punches in a crouch position and got great torque on his shots ,he was a digger that broke guys down with repeated shots to an opponents defense and they eventually weakened ,the lesser ones didn't last long. He didn't have to much from much coming back because few had the physical abilities to make Rocky step off so he had all day to keep pounding away,you hit the same target again and again and you are going to do damage regardless how hard you hit...for his time Rock had much more power than anyone ,he was a modern Tyson in his prime wearing less padded gloves with less moving targets that is what it basically broken down too......

And yes hitting heavier bags would have helped propel that power.

Comment

The worst thing is to load up and catch air. Very tiring. Rock solved that problem.

Comment

strong guy

low center of gravity

and i'm pretty sure they were in 6 oz horsehair gloves. sombody can correct me on the size. that's a glove basically deisgned to keep you from cutting and breaking your hands. it really doesn't pad much.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  video footage doesn't lie no one can dispute Marciano hits hard...how hard and why? Well for starters he wore less padded gloves and we measure him on not fighting what modern HW's .Some will cry over this but stats and facts don't lie either. Marciano was 50 pounds lighter than the average Modern HW now, and even post eras was still significantly smaller , and so was his opponents.

Marciano threw direct deliberate punches in a crouch position and got great torque on his shots ,he was a digger that broke guys down with repeated shots to an opponents defense and they eventually weakened ,the lesser ones didn't last long. He didn't have to much from much coming back because few had the physical abilities to make Rocky step off so he had all day to keep pounding away,you hit the same target again and again and you are going to do damage regardless how hard you hit...for his time Rock had much more power than anyone ,he was a modern Tyson in his prime wearing less padded gloves with less moving targets that is what it basically broken down too......

And yes hitting heavier bags would have helped propel that power.

marciano did a ton of roadwork. i'll need verifying sources, but i'm pretty sure he ran 7-10 miles a day. some of these modern HW would drop 20 lbs if they ran like that.

i have no doubt that louis, marciano, others, would put on more weight if they didnt' ahve to fight for 15 rounds, and foguht bigger guys all the time.

lamon brewster was almost identical to louis in dimensions. he was a lot softer, and only had about 10-15 lbs on a prime louis. knocked wladimir into next week.

you get the idea, hopefully. i'd take a 215 lber with skills and who is in shape over a 240 lb, flabby chris arreola any day!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    marciano did a ton of roadwork. i'll need verifying sources, but i'm pretty sure he ran 7-10 miles a day. some of these modern HW would drop 20 lbs if they ran like that.

i have no doubt that louis, marciano, others, would put on more weight if they didnt' ahve to fight for 15 rounds, and foguht bigger guys all the time.

lamon brewster was almost identical to louis in dimensions. he was a lot softer, and only had about 10-15 lbs on a prime louis. knocked wladimir into next week.

you get the idea, hopefully. i'd take a 215 lber with skills and who is in shape over a 240 lb, flabby chris arreola any day!
                    Louis's bmi index would be at 215 and he would be 6'2 .....Marciano would be bmi of 210 and about an inch taller .....not much differance at all ! You would be recreating the fighter which isnt the topic ......shape is subjective and modern HWs are just going to fight different with the added size you are talking different mechanics in the ring ,theres no need for excessive road work they dont want to drop weight and be faster and smaller ,the current top 20 will indicate why ,they want to maintain a good sizeable diffrerane they are in shape where they will perform best as SHW 's .And no , Brewster did not knock Wlad into next week ,he was getting the easily getting beat until he gassed ,i think the rematch showed what would happen almost always !

Marciano used 8 oz gloves in title fights i believe ,6/8 gloves then were still much lighter then then the more padded ones now
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-16-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Louis's bmi index would be at 215 and he would be 6'2 .....Marciano would be bmi of 210 and about an inch taller .....not much differance at all ! You would be recreating the fighter which isnt the topic ......shape is subjective and modern HWs are just going to fight different with the added size you are talking different mechanics in the ring ,theres no need for excessive road work .And no , Brewster did not knock Wlad into next week ,he was getting the easily getting beat until he gassed ,i think the rematch showed what would happen almost always !

Marciano used 8 oz gloves in title fights i believe ,6/8 gloves then were still much lighter then then the more padded ones now

and what happened after he gassed? brewster shook his hand and asked him to go take a seat ? he got blasted .

dk how you can look at a guy taking huge shots and act like he's not getting blasted just because he went out there on his toes and shot his wad early. bewster had a very solid chin and power. give him some credit. wlaidmir was a very beatable fighter by a man roughly of louis' size. that's irrefutable.

and i'm looking into it,a nd it seems that they switched to 8 oz some time in the 50's. louis was in a 6 oz glove, according again to what i'm reading, which i can't verify. marciano likely started off his career with a 6 oz glove, and finished with an 8.

Comment

Working...
                      X