No announcement yet.

Vasyl Lomachenko Vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
    Gomboa recently replied to a challenge by Loma on Instagram, suggesting a possible match up in the future. If the Rigo fight can't be made, and Walters is no longer an option, then this is definitely the next best biggest challenge for Loma.

Gomboa will have the size advantage (same as Walters would have, oddly enough who Loma has ruled out) but Vasyl will have the speed, footwork, and superior skills to outpoint the Cuban.
    It a good fight. I think Lomo will dominate him. BTW Gamboa wont have a size advantage. I think size wise they are even if not Gamboa is slightly shorter then Lomo

Comment

I thought klimas specifically said that loma only wanted to unify someone's lying

Comment

I've got Gamboa.

He's obviously past his best and highly inactive, but his talent level is supreme. If he's still at a good level, he's the better fighter.

Lomachenko is not faster than Gamboa Even at this age, he's still much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          I've got Gamboa.

He's obviously past his best and highly inactive, but his talent level is supreme. If he's still at a good level, he's the better fighter.

Lomachenko is not faster than Gamboa Even at this age, he's still much faster.
          Loma definatley is faster or at least just as fast as Gamboa... Gamboa does not have Rigo speed... Who edges out Loma.

All that aside, this would be a big step up for Loma in terms of quality opposition and a great coming attraction for a big Rigo fight.

Of course, if Loma beat Rigo (or the other way around)... What else can either one of them do? At least Loma can move up and face bigger guys... Rigo will have hit a ceiling in terms of his competition.

Also, what needs to be said and what can't be said enough... Is how CLEAN Loma and the Cuban fighters fight... No holding, no BS elbows(like Floyd), no cheap ****... just pure, unadulterated boxing at its highest level... When fights like this happen boxing as whole shines...
          Last edited by darius45; 11-04-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

gamboa dominates loma. you tripping if you think loma is faster. He's more techical but that it. too bad this will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
              Loma definatley is faster or at least just as fast as Gamboa... Gamboa does not have Rigo speed... Who edges out Loma.

All that aside, this would be a big step up for Loma in terms of quality opposition and a great coming attraction for a big Rigo fight.

Of course, if Loma beat Rigo (or the other way around)... What else can either one of them do? At least Loma can move up and face bigger guys... Rigo will have hit a ceiling in terms of his competition.

Also, what needs to be said and what can't be said enough... Is how CLEAN Loma and the Cuban fighters fight... No holding, no BS elbows(like Floyd), no cheap ****... just pure, unadulterated boxing at its highest level... When fights like this happen boxing as whole shines...
              Gamboa at his best was faster than even Rigo. A prime Gamboa is up there with the fastest fighters I've seen.

I do agree though, both great fighters who fight in the correct way. There's no nonsense, no holding and that is to be appreciated these days.

As a Gamboa fan it is saddening to see how his career has been wasted by promotional problems and inactivity, but I'm hopeful he still gets some big fights before it's over.

Comment

Working...
              X