Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should you start to train in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should you start to train in boxing?

I heard in order to be the best fighter you have to train fighters from a very young age like 6 years old, so that they have better reflexes and it becomes natural to them just like riding a bike.

But when is it to late to start learning to box? I heard rocky marciano started fighting professional when he was 21! and that guy nate campbell started at 27??I heard kermit cintron just started boxing when he was 19.

is it possible or do you have to train young?

can you name some late starters?

Originally posted by hectari
    I heard in order to be the best fighter you have to train fighters from a very young age like 6 years old, so that they have better reflexes and it becomes natural to them just like riding a bike.

But when is it to late to start learning to box? I heard rocky marciano started fighting professional when he was 21! and that guy nate campbell started at 27??I heard kermit cintron just started boxing when he was 19.

is it possible or do you have to train young?

can you name some late starters?
    umm ali started when he was 12, if you consider that late, and i started when i was 11 lol

Comment

Originally posted by cms
      umm ali started when he was 12, if you consider that late, and i started when i was 11 lol
      ^naw that is early! I think that is a good time to train. but what about when you start later does it affect your reflexes?

Comment

it's never too late. if george foreman won the world title at 45, anything's possible.

Comment

thing is u can be **** at boxing and start at 6 yrs old train for years but not become great, or you might never train boxing till your teens, start up and find out that your a great talent, trainng helps but natural talent comes into it big time, also commitment, desire and hard work help as well as a good technical mind

Comment

thers no late or early time

its jsut the right time

you migth start young but at a young age yoru nto able to assorb all the knowledge because your nto yet able to comprehend and communicate was if you was a early adult

but if you start late you can learn fast but your also racign against time

its better to catch as early as possible but getting them late doesnt mean they have no chance
            being that they are older it means they are in the gym because they want to be there not because their parents signed them up

its because they want to be there and they know hwo to push themselves and arent knuckleheads like the little kdis

the odler guys see the other experienced guys and want to be at that level
            they know they started late so there isnt any time for games

they are able to communicate with their trainer better as well

Comment

Jameel McCline started really late, also, but he sucks..

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5

its jsut the right time

you migth start young but at a young age yoru nto able to assorb all the knowledge because your nto yet able to comprehend and communicate was if you was a early adult

its better to catch as early as possible but getting them late doesnt mean they have no chance
                being that they are older it means they are in the gym because they want to be there not because their parents signed them up

its because they want to be there and they know hwo to push themselves and arent knuckleheads like the little kdis

" There's no early or late time, just the right time " I somewhat agree, it also depends on how far do you wanna go in the sport, if one is serious then I think the earlier the better, I use to be an assistant trainer and w/ my own personal experience kids and teenagers generally pick it up alot faster than adults(strongest indicator is an individual's athletic ability).... Some have already posted and made an example of George Foreman, which doesn't make any sense at all, Foreman has been boxing way back when.... He didn't have to start from scratch.
                Last edited by rsl; 01-28-2005, 10:52 PM.

Comment

its a scientific fact that children learn things faster than adults anyway because they dont have to worry about life, bills, family etc. earlier the better but i agree with the comment about natural talent, part of you has to be a natural fighter if your gonna be the best

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5

its jsut the right time

Cause if you hear how denzel and robert de niro trained for a year to protray fighters but the trainers said they trained them to fight in real fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X