Collapse
No announcement yet.

illmatic vs 36 chambers vs ready to die vs reasonable doubt vs liquid sword

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

definitely more consistent I mean its not biggies fault he got murked but nas last album besides "new York city" or whatever his hit was from his last CD the rest I just straight up didn't like the rest of that album. was very disappointed

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Ready to Die.

I personally enjoy God's Son, Stillmatic, and It Was Written more than Illmatic. Blasphemy?
      Last edited by _original_; 04-26-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
        you dont happen to like tical , return to the 36 chambers or enter the wu tang as classics???? those were the ****in sh1znit
        Tical is one of my favorite albums. It was one of the first albums I bought when I got in to serious Hip Hop when I was 14.

Enter The Wu Tang 36 Chambers is third on that list you quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
          Nice list, Kev.

Most everyone would agree that The Infamous is better than Hell on Earth, and I agree too, but I personally had some good memories listening to Hell on Earth when that came out that makes it my favorite Mobb Deep album.

I think one can make the argument that Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Lynx... is the best Wu album, although there would be lots of debate on that obviously. But that Ironman album is sick, too.

One of my favorite albums of all time is easily CNN's The War Report. It's incredible all the way thru, until the last song which I forget the name of because I always cut it off because it was so horrible. But otherwise what an incredible album.
          Lol CNN War Report, love that album. Bought it with Tical, 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords. It was one of those albums I bought as a young guy trying to listen to new music[old school]. I was fed up with the then current Hip Hop [which now sounds like gold compared to today's music], and thought to myself "F-ck, there has to be better sh-t to listen to than this bullsh-t". At 14, just f-cking studied what the best Hip Hop albums of all time were, that's when I discovered War Report. It obviously is not in the level of Illmatic or any of those other albums, but if you're going to listen to "street" hip hop, listen to the proper sh-t, and Rae, Ghost, Mobb Deep, CNN, is as proper as it gets. But if we're being honest here, Kool G Rap is most likely the real king of hardcore street rap, as far as lyricist go. Not an absolute favorite of mine, but he has influenced so many of my favorites that it would be ignorant no tot mention him.

Comment

Originally posted by Once_Capitalist View Post
            Probably hes not a big fan of too much production?
            It's not a matter of too much, or a dedication to minimalism. Listen to 36 Chambers for minimalistic, yet highly melodic/musical beats. It's like the instrumental element in a lot of Nas tracks is an afterthought.

Comment

@ SP50...Lemonade was a popular drink and still is. I get more props and stunts than Bruce Willis.

Arguably a top 10 rhyme of all time.

So simple.

Originally posted by Once_Capitalist View Post
              i wouldn't mind if someone said guru is much better than biggie and nas.
              I'd listen to Guru over Biggie any day. As a kid and now as an adult, never knew what the obsession over him was.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                It's not a matter of too much, or a dedication to minimalism. Listen to 36 Chambers for minimalistic, yet highly melodic/musical beats. It's like the instrumental element in a lot of Nas tracks is an afterthought.

I see. i will listen to illmatic and 36 chambers again

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                @ SP50...Lemonade was a popular drink and still is. I get more props and stunts than Bruce Willis.

Arguably a top 10 rhyme of all time.

So simple.

I'd listen to Guru over Biggie any day. As a kid and now as an adult, never knew what the obsession over him was.
                youre not into biggie much?

Comment

Na, i'm not a big fan of Biggie or Jay Z. But I listen to them some times. I'm just not obsessed with them like others are.

Comment

Working...
                  X