No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Thinks Marquez Could KO Pacquiao Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
    Hey... I'm not giving points here. I give Marquez all the credit in the world and have mad respect for the guy. But it wasn't like he was beating the hell out of Pacquiao. He lost... there's not excuse about it. I'm not crying about it, or crying about "Marquez being roided'". He's been an honest champ through all his career. Even Pacquiao said he did not felt any difference in Marquez power. Like i said, he was caught with a perfect shot and there's no way you can prepare for that. But before the KO, he was doing great.

And guess what, those are the risks you take when you fight top 5 pxp.
    Was Cotto a top 5 ?? top 10??
    Was Victor Ortiz??
    Is Robert Guerrero?
    Is Canelo?

That's all i need to know!
    As far as I am concerned Floyd should not even be considered #1 because he doesn't even fight much or frequently the best. He did fight better guys than Pacquiao and that should not be debated. Many fought 3 guys after Mayweather so how can you even disregard who Floyd fought and give Pacquiao props? Manny didn't fight anyone at WW worth mentioning with exception to Cotto at 145 and JMM who was moving up from Light Weight and arguably beat him twice? Big bad Manny got KO'd by a Light Weight in a division he was supposedly the best at? Floyd toyed with that same guy at the same weight.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up Mayweather when you respond to me? I haven't been mentioning him, only when matching styles. Since Marquez KO'd Pacquiao, I been talking only about him because he is also one of my favorite top fighters and I'm sure you know this from being on here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
      Triangle theories don't work grust. Floyd will probably think Manny is vulnerable now .... he might actually grow a pair.

Too bad for Floyd, he a vulture & and he might not have got the memo that triangle theories don't work. BOOM lights out. Manny throws 100 punches like JMM's KO punch ... every fight. Manny is gonna hit Floyd, and I personally think JMMs chin> Floyds chin.

Looking forward to MannyVSMay now that Floyd finally has a reason to change his diaper and get ready for a real fight.
      What triangle theory? Freddie Roach went on record and said counter punching is a problem for Manny Pacquiao AND he also said that Mayweather is a problem himself. Who's the best damn counter puncher in the sport of boxing? what triangle theory? I've been saying this for YEARS on here. Styles make fights and Manny style is not a style that would match well against Mayweather. Pacquiao has no defense and eats every right hand. Why do you guys always try to say I'm using triangle theories when I'm comparing Mayweather and Pacquiao? Every freaking fighter that fought Floyd and Pacquiao said that Floyd would win. Manny has NEVER been the betting favorite with the bookies EVEN when he annihilated Cotto. You guys are just hurt. I've been praising JMM for YEARS because he is for sure one of the best AND been calling JMM/Pacquiao fights and been dead on because of their styles. Give me a break.
      Last edited by GRUSTLER; 12-20-2012, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
        Triangle Theory....this is getting better and better GRUSS.

"Then I figured out that in order to beat him you have to counter him to slow him down. Let him lead and he is there wide open."

Looks so easy right? Seems like you got it all figured out. Make sure Floyd gets the memo. He's not as confident as you are.
        Who the hell said this then:

We'll have a change in sparring partners and style because Mayweather is so different than our last four opponents Cotto, Ricky Hatton, De La Hoya and David Diaz. We have to study him really hard. But I know Mayweather really well. I just need Manny to see what I see.

Freddie Roach.
        Or this?

Posted at 12/09/2011 7:14 PM | Updated as of 12/10/2011 6:06 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Boxing coach Freddie Roach admitted that that Floyd Mayweather Jr. will pose strategic problems against Manny Pacquiao.

Roach said in Boxingscene.com that the controversial Mayweather has some similarities with Juan Manuel Marquez.

"He is a good counter-puncher and his style does give us trouble. He does have some Marquez similarities but he's actually a lot faster than Marquez so he does pose a bigger problem," he said.

Roach said Pacquiao would need to use every trick in the book to beat Mayweather. "I think Mayweather will bring out the best in Manny,” he said.

Negotiations are now reportedly taking place for the Pacquiao-Mayweather superfight.

Pacquiao said negotiators are just ironing out the minor details for the fight, which could occur in May 2012.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/12...oblem-pacquiao
        I know a lot of you hate Mayweather but get your head back in the sport and out of another fighters ass. Honestly man. Don't keep replying to me talking about Mayweather because it's tiring especially if you are not even trying to really discuss boxing and the styles but rather calling me a triangle theorists because I feel like Manny can't beat Floyd. Fact is, EVERYONE with some sense knew or knows Manny can't beat Floyd. Just a shame that Floyd and Pacquiao could not work out the fight but I'm glad it was Marquez who KO'd Pacquiao because he is the one who truly deserves it.
        Last edited by GRUSTLER; 12-20-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

What is an irony is that this Boxing Banker person is only now sharing his vast knowledge of PEDs now his hero has been knocked out. Please show one post, just one post where you spotted all this when Pacquiao was under the microscope. Show the posts where you highlight why the state commission tests that Roach and co were clinging to like a life raft were, as you stated, "a joke". (I'll be waiting on this a while I think)

He states Mayweather should "grow a pair". Well maybe he could ask his hero why he walked away from the fight at the point it would've been most relevant. No, I remember. It was because he wasn't prepared to undergo any PED testing more stringent than the ones this sycophantic Boxing Banger himself states are a joke.

If Pacquiao's dignity is another reason whybhis fans love him (on top of his amazing career), it's a shame they haven't learnt anything from him. He accepted his defeat with class while many of his fans are running around with rabid cries of "cheat" and "PEDs". Marquez is as guilty or innocent as Pacquiao. Deal with it.

Manny might be able to come back, but he should steer clear of Marquez really. At least until he knows just how much that defeat affected him.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Listen man. Marquez has always had Pacquiao's number. Just look at how their fights went in the past. Marquez timed and caught Pacquiao perfectly coming in wide open with a great right hand. Manny hasn't changed one bit since first fighting Marquez style wise while Marquez changed his style up each time to get better results. After this devastating KO, do you really think that JMM is going to let Manny get the one up on him? He took a lot out of Manny with that punch and guaranteed he can do it again because Manny can't adjust and not to mention that JMM has NEVER been KO'd in his whole career or stopped. Manny will be in the ring scared to death of that right hand and it will show during the 5th match up and I'm willing to be that. Roach don't have the defensive strategy to nullify Marquez's counter punching. He could not do it for over 12 years, 3 weight classes and 4 fights. Manny should be focusing on Bradley or some other come forward, non counter punching, slow fighter.
            i thought you hate cherry-picking...

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Hu$tler View Post
              Best part of the interview
              Was certainly my favorite part. I had to do all I could not to laugh when he said it LOL

Here is the full part 1 of the article

Floyd Mayweather Sr: "Pacquiao is not going to be the same fighter he was. I think Pacquiao should go and be the Hawaiian President"
              http://doghouseboxing.com/DHB/On_The...dio_121812.htm

And the just released part 2

Floyd Mayweather Sr: "I think this would be the right time for me and little Floyd to come together as father and son, and make this attack"
              http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/On...o_1219aa12.htm

Comment

Mayweather Sr: "I am going to be honest with you, you know why there is so many upsets, because there is no good trainers no more. There is no one that really knows the game or has the knowledge about the game. You have to have good trainers and you have to have good fighters too, sometimes fighters be good but the trainer might not be good, sometimes the trainer might be good the fighter might not be, but most of the time right now we don’t have any trainers, like I said before , the whole thing is first of all, everybody trying to fight off drugs right now, ain't nobody doing the good all hard work like they use too, run, come back, run with bar bells in your hands, right forward, backwards, sideways, spiriting, ain't nobody doing that; they taking the pill the liquid drink get super strong and go knock somebody out, make them where they can take a better punch or make them punch harder than the other guy, that’s pretty much what’s happening today, that’s why boxing is going bad, boxing is definitely not what it was before, when I was coming up back in the day, where men work extra hard like Ali and Joe Frazier, back in times like that, Sugar Ray Robinson Joe Louis, it's totally different now.

It doesn’t sound like boxing no more. I’ve been in boxing pretty much all of my life, it’s a bad thing right now. I think boxing is declining. And they’re going to let that stupid foolish game that comes on right now, the one MMA, and we know they be do everything, they beyond the fighters, they do things way beyond a fighter can do. You need to clean the game up, that’s the only way boxing can come back alive the way it use to be. You got to clean this stuff up. Make this people, you doing this you doing that, you take the test, you don’t take the test you don’t fight for a certain amount of time, put they're asses out for a year or two. You have to find some sort of rule or regulation that stands! That’s what you have to do. This thing will get right, that’s the way I feel about."

Comment

i think pac should rematch bradley when he comes back...it'd be a nice first fight back and a way for him to try and avenge that robbery loss.

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
                    i thought you hate cherry-picking...
                    I'm thinking about Manny's health. He can't go back into the lion's den after being chewed up and spit out.

Comment

Working...
                    X