Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of hilariously predictable "this is proof that Ward would have beat Bute" posts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of hilariously predictable "this is proof that Ward would have beat Bute" posts

So Ward beat Froch. And Froch beat Bute. That's cast iron proof that Ward would have done the same, right? Well... not really.

Am I saying that Bute would have beaten Ward? No I'm not. But to talk about a fight that he wasn't even in is.... well... ridiculous.

Let's look at how Froch beat Bute. A lot of it was range, actually. But you guys saw that bit where, Froch, you know...... knocked Bute the **** out?

So you've watched a fight where a boxer defeats another, and 80% of that is down to him using power shots?

And now you're suggesting that a guy who couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding would have done the same?

Bute got beaten with power. Ward doesn't have power. This doesn't mean Bute wouldn't have got beaten by Ward, it just means... we don't know for a fact what would have happened.

Oh, and to answer another question I saw last night - could Froch ever beat Ward in a rematch? We've already seen that Froch has a style that judges vastly prefer to Ward's. I don't know whether he could legitimately beat him, but considering a fairly wide fight was almost scored a draw, then yeah, logic dictates it's possible for him to take one on the scorecards, even if we all cry robbery. (Which, let's face it, NSB does with any close fight anyway).

Comment

Of course, this is proof. Froch at will was hitting Bute. Froch has no regard for Bute’s so called punching power. Ward who is clearly the superior slick American fighter would tag this robotic one dimensional European at will and stop his overrated ass. Tonight is a win for Froch but mainly American boxing seeing to bum European robotic classed as beneath Ward and Dirrel

Thank you

Comment

It's crazy they are talking like Ward actually beat Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
          Froch has no regard for Bute’s so called punching power.
          You're being satirical, right? Because another plus Carl has over Ward is punch resistance.

No doubt Ward could slip most of Bute's shots, but he wouldn't be able to take them flush with no issue like Carl could.

Comment

I kinda agree last night was about Carl Froch that's all that matters, there's more threads on Andre ward then there is on Froch wtf!

Does ward beat bute hell yeah, does ward beat Froch again hell yeah! But that's irrelevant because ward was not fighting last night

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
              Ward who is clearly the superior slick American fighter would tag this robotic one dimensional European at will
              How is Ward "slick"? he's an inside fighter. And he's half-Euro himself, as Irish as Mickey Ward.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 05-27-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

All I know is that Ward schooled Froch. With a broken hand.

Comment

Bute's in-fight game is serverly lacking. Ward would bust him up. And stop saying that Ward doesn't have pop. He is not heavy handed but he can cause damage. He shook both Froch and Abraham with quick shots.

Comment

froch's win make Ward look much better.

Ward beat Froch injured, he'd batter him worse in rematch

Fact

Comment

Working...
                    X