Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me why this Kat WON'T be the next big thing at 147 and above.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    I'll Tell u why this Kat WON'T be the next big thing at 147

much easier to say now than back then........ez work.......you get nothing from me....true story!

Comment

• Originally posted by Volta
      Jones is a bum period he should be banned from HBO and showtime
      he was winning a fight big, got caught by a perfect punch by arguably the single hardest hitter in the sport and now hes a bum? please..

hes got alot to work on, but hes also got alot of talent. when rafa marquez was at the same stage of his career jones is at now he had been KO'd 3 times, in some cases by guys who truly were bums perhaps even literally.

a loss at this stage is just a chance to learn and improve. to say jones doesnt have potential is foolish. if you really think hes a bum you dont know boxing man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Volta
        was he winning? of course but it was against a journeyman....... he should be 1-1 with karass and frankly doesn't look at all like a threat to any half way decent WW's
        again, he made a tactical error and punched himself out. he still went 12 completely exhausted and came out on top. he learned from teh experience which he proved in his very next fight. he will learn from this experience and come back better too.

and bailey is no journeyman, i think this is the third time hes been champion man. and hes fought alot of very good fighters and always gave them hell even if he didnt always come out on top.

more importantly jones was beating him until he got caught and every WW in the world would have been knocked out by that uppercut, call baileys a journeyman all you want but his power is damn near legendary. you cant let the man hit you flush, jones got sloppy.. lesson learned.

ofcourse jones isnt a threat to any top WW NOW. but only a fool would expect him to fight a top WW now. hes a very raw fighter still, which was shown against karass and now bailey. he makes dumb mistakes and has flaws in his skillset, but his physical talent and mental toughness is through the roof.

give him a few more years and he will be a more skilled, polished and intelligent fighter. look at khan when he got knocked out and look at him now, the progress hes made is incredible. one of the beautiful things about boxing is that as long as your young you can rebuild yourself and become a completely diffrent fighter if you want it bad enough.

nobody is born a legend. i was watching an early fight of andre wards not that long ago, shocking how much progress he made in just a few years, completely diffrent fighter now. jones can reinvent himself and come back stronger, dude doesnt even have 30 fights. he wouldnt be the first would he?

Comment

• I've said it once and il say it again, Mike Jones is shocking! Wish him well but the dude doesn't belong at the top tier of boxing.

Comment

• People see him as the future of the WW division.... this dude... is not that good. The only good person he beat was Karass... and that's questionable

Comment

• The fuvk? Did someone just call Bailey a journeyman? Dude don't know **** about the sport when Bailey connects it's goodnight Charlie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                No inside game, horrible footwork and to be the next best thing at 147 you'd at least have to campaign in that division for a while and Jones is probably the biggest WW right now.
                bravo sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Because he's dead average.
                  bravo sir!

Comment

• This is the problem with xexposed kind of folks" if a fighter loses they are exposed or bums. Apparently nobody can better themselves or improve their weaknesses there are no improvements in boxing according to some. Not saying that Jones will improve but at least give him a chance and watch. I for one want to see him add some muscle to his legs and campaign at 154 or 160. Who knows what kind of improvements can be made with simply moving up in weight and adding muscle to the weakest links he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                      This is the problem with xexposed kind of folks" if a fighter loses they are exposed or bums. Apparently nobody can better themselves or improve their weaknesses there are no improvements in boxing according to some. Not saying that Jones will improve but at least give him a chance and watch. I for one want to see him add some muscle to his legs and campaign at 154 or 160. Who knows what kind of improvements can be made with simply moving up in weight and adding muscle to the weakest links he has.
                      thing is though

IMO he's actually regressed a lot from the first Soto Karass fight

now he is a vert hesitant fighter throwing a lot of short armed punches to get back to his guard quickly

now with him being brutally KO'd he'll even be more hesitant to engage

kid's future just took a drastic 180

Comment

Working...
                      X