Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Harmonica Player Of All Time:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not into blues but I have a Marine Band C Harmonica.

I can't play it for **** though. One of the easiest instruments to get into when you get the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      Not into blues but I have a Marine Band C Harmonica.

I can't play it for **** though. One of the easiest instruments to get into when you get the basics.
      I play harmonica myself, and like you was frustrated by not being able to play it for ****.

What I did though was I bought a headrack like Bob Dylan plays with and I started playing the harmonica along with my guitar (badly).

After awhile though you start to get the hang of what the notes on the harmonica are as they match up with certain chords. Once you get the hand of which notes to play and when then you can start playing it by itself and using your hands and it will seem so much easier.

Of course if you don't play guitar that nugget of advice is completely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        I play harmonica myself, and like you was frustrated by not being able to play it for ****.

What I did though was I bought a headrack like Bob Dylan plays with and I started playing the harmonica along with my guitar (badly).

After awhile though you start to get the hang of what the notes on the harmonica are as they match up with certain chords. Once you get the hand of which notes to play and when then you can start playing it by itself and using your hands and it will seem so much easier.

Of course if you don't play guitar that nugget of advice is completely useless.
        I gave up on it. No one I know plays any instruments so it was a lil lonely and I only like doing things socially, or I get apathetic.

I did watch a few Bob Dylan videos on youtube as with others. There's another guy who is real good and did duets. I forgot his name but yeah I liked it.

Oh and no guitar LOL.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Rock View Post

Pretty impressive, I love the sound of that special harmonica mic that he is using. I forget the brand name but they are awesome.

Comment

to be honest.....

there are bands on the street corner of New Orleans that would blow the doors off of every single one of those players

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                to be honest.....

there are bands on the street corner of New Orleans that would blow the doors off of every single one of those players
                I've been to New Orleans and that's just not true.

Grandpa Elliot is one of the best street musicians in New Orleans and a damn good harmonica player but he'd be the 1st person to tell you that he can't hold Sonny Boy Williamson's jockstrap.

Comment

Harmonica beatboxer

Comment

Working...
                  X