Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson? What if he came back at 175 pounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson? What if he came back at 175 pounds?

It's most likely impossible but what if Tyson was like i need to earn some cash and the heavyweights are just to big for me right now. What if he got down to 175 and gained like 15 to 20 pounds of it back after the weigh in. He could come in close to 200 pounds on fight night.

Could he give Chad Dawson or Hopkins a tough fight or would he be way to weight drained? I think even weight drained he would still be dangerous.

Originally posted by RayLeonard82 View Post
    It's most likely impossible but what if Tyson was like i need to earn some cash and the heavyweights are just to big for me right now. What if he got down to 175 and gained like 15 to 20 pounds of it back after the weigh in. He could come in close to 200 pounds on fight night.

Could he give Chad Dawson or Hopkins a tough fight or would he be way to weight drained? I think even weight drained he would still be dangerous.
    he would lose lots of power....

Comment

I think the power would still be there but his ability to take a punch might be affected because of the weight loss. Chris Byrd lost all that weight and couldnt take a punch at 175. The difference is Byrd was more of a boxer and Tyson if he hits a 175 pounder clean it will be over. Even a Tyson bodyshot would hurt Dawson.

Comment

Let's see him at 175 first, if he was already to get at that weight then it would be more likely to tell. also he'd have to stay there and maintain it for awhile or he'd be like a Manny opponent dry as a bone.

Comment

bernard hopkins signs to fight him tommorrow....

Comment

Because that worked so well for Chris Bryd.

Comment

Originally posted by carlos slim View Post
              bernard hopkins signs to fight him tommorrow....
              Hopkins would be killed as soon as he started punching low and butting Tyson would go berserk and do something that would make bernard be seeing blind lmao.

Comment

Simple question.
                He would get sparked out like Byrd did.

Tyson is completely finished. Holyfield would absolutely destroy him at this point and everyone knows where he stands at this point in the heavyweight division.

And as much as I would love to see him make a comeback, it would be 100%, completely pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                  Hopkins would be killed as soon as he started punching low and butting Tyson would go berserk and do something that would make bernard be seeing blind lmao.
                  Yeah, you NEVER foul Tyson.

Comment

Mike hasn't weight 175 since he was in 4th grade. No way this happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X