No announcement yet.

What's Sweet Pea Doing These Days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Sweet Pea Doing These Days?

i've seen pernell at some fights in ny and jersey, does he do any training, i'd like to see him come back and fight camacho, seeing as camacho is looking for a fight from someone, call me crazy but i like the older fighters when they make make small comebacks

Camacho doesn't need anymore cheap wins over legends.

Comment

I think he's training now. I heard a few months back that he was training Calvin Brock, I didn't watch the Brock vs Chambers fight, so I don't know if that worked out.

Comment

They could fight in the big house.

Comment

i don't think it'll be a cheap win, with pernell's fighting skills it would be a good fight, even if they're both old

Comment

Whitaker has repeteadly said he wants to train Judah but his offer hasn't been taken yet. I think Whitaker could help Judah out a lot. Hey it can't be much worse than his dad Yoel Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by pelonxsoldier28 View Post
              i don't think it'll be a cheap win, with pernell's fighting skills it would be a good fight, even if they're both old
              Nah He hasn't been gone that long but the way Macho acted after the Duran fight and the way he called out Ray has always made me dislike him.
              I wonder if it would have been the same if he called out Hagler or better yet Hearns.

Comment

Last I checked he was training a couple fighters. He appears punch drunk, partied out, and broke.

Comment

i've always liked camacho, that ego trip he's always on is funny as hell. but pernell always had that great skill that i miss, would love to see him box again

Comment

Originally posted by pelonxsoldier28 View Post
                    i've always liked camacho, that ego trip he's always on is funny as hell. but pernell always had that great skill that i miss, would love to see him box again
                    Oscar was a genius for playing the stick up for the legends role the way he did but I bet a lot of boxers at that time felt the same way and would have done the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X