• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner really isn't what he thinks he is

He's fighting like a shot fighter already

Shame . I would even give rocky burns a shot of beating him these days

Comment

• Broner probably would've won it cleaner if it had been a 12 rounder, funnily enough, because Granados was visibly slowing and lost the last few rounds

Comment

• Yea he won, he edged it, but he looks like **** against pressure 147 fighters, he claims he hurt his hand in round 1 and felt compelled to fight on the inside afterwards, take it for what it is, but he needs to be fighting at 140, if kell Brook can make weight, broner can do it, no excuse...on another note, he was very candid and reserved in his post fight press conference, which is cool to see, people want AB to be a 24/7 circus and don't want to encourage him to grow, they wish his downfall and want him to be a mockery of himself and his family...it's stupid to do so

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          Rematch for what he clearly dominated the fight it wasn't even close lol
          Because they had a rematch clause in the contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
            Haha, this is what charlie Kelly from it's always sunny would say
            Now, what is it that I would say?

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              Here we go again with "the guy I wanted to win took an L so I'm going to cry robbery" threads.
              You hit the nail on the head. They're so quick to call every close fight a robbery. They're like sheep just being followers. That's what they do best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                He could've been the biggest name in boxing had he stayed at 135-140 lbs, better matchmaking, and focused more on his craft, Broner made rookie mistakes tonight and that's because they never work on fixing his defensive holes, Broner looks good against guys his size and smaller, the way he fights and his mental strength don't help him against bigger more rugged guys, everybody knew from the start that Granados was a stylistic nightmare for Broner who's coming off a year off.

He made the exact same defensive mistakes that he always made, especially on the inside, no use of angles at all, poor head movement and head placement, plus he wasn't nearly busy enough knowing that it's only a 10 round fight, u can clearly tell that Granados had a lot of respect for Broner's power and if there was a bit more urgency and activity from Broner he would've probably dropped Granados who's been dropped 6 times coming into the fight, I'm still convinced that Broner's corner is also one of the biggest problems that are preventing him from being a better fighter. I don't know about Broner's broken hand excuse because it didn't look like it but maybe it was true and it had something to do with his performance.
                Exactly! Most look GREAT if they stay at 1 division their entire career. Few can move up and still look good/great.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  It was close but clear winner was Granados
                  It was a close fight but I had Grandos winning alos. He hurt Broner badly in the later rounds as well. Broner never hurt him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                    Good fight...
                    Yes it was! Not a bad fight at all... What happened in the earlier fights??? I heard someone was sent to the hospital for a broken jaw and couldn't even speak??? I only caught the Broner fight unfortunately...

Comment

• So everyone is just going to ignore that he hurt his left hand in the 1st round?
                      Unlike you simpletons, I tend to believe a fighter most times when they claim to have incurred an injury during the fight because it's always possible.

It explains alot about the strategy he employed during the fight. He opted to fight on the inside which suits Granados best.

Normally Broner tends to box pressure fighters from the outside,using his jab alot more than he's given credit for. He walks them down cuts off the ring in spots and unloads limited combinations. And if you rush in he OFTEN throws a check left hook with mustard on it. He threw the left hook with alot less frequency and most times when he caught Granados flush with power shots it was a right hook or uppercut.

Would've been a slightly different fight had he been able to stick that jab to the gut here and there like he normally does.

That being said, he needs to learn how to fight going backwards and on his toes ALOT more. He fights so flat-footed because he generates more power that way and insists on using the shoulder roll technique(even though it seems he still doesn't use it properly).

I'm rooting for the guy and can't wait to see him in again against another top welterweight. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

Working...
                      X