Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs on Golovkin: Best Win is Brook, I'm His First Real Test!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    GGG's best win is a mediocre WW.
    Not you again! Desperate need for attention? Feeling lonely on valentine day? Can't even get a date on Tinder? ... and prostitutes won't take your money?

Anyway...more people are/were lining up to fight Jacobs than GGG... I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
      Good interview. Jacobs has the right mindset going in. Hopefully for him he can translate that into action on fight night. I don't think he should be looking at Brook as Golovkin's biggest test though. Sure Brook had some success but it was ineffective and bottom line it was an easy win for Golovkin.

???

" hopefully for him he can translate that into "..... a win

great to see you guys wishing jacobs well

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
        2 biggest pnchers in MD stevens & lemieux couldn't stagger G even once, so im looking forward how G handle jacobs punch

he didn't hit Golovkin with anything too flush

Jacobs has much better speed/timing/instincts

not getting worried ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arg_Tincho View Post
          I actually think Brook would beat Jacobs. Brook showed he has a great ouch resistance and he is a far better boxer than Jacobs.
          I really like Jacobs the guy, great person, but he is getting stoped. I just hope he doesnt get really hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            i don't get why is people talking about being scared as a good thing, fear freezes you, and you can't be frozen in front of someone like GGG, if you ask me that whole thing "fear is your best friend" like rocky says is bullshit

he's not scared ****less or anything

he has the utmost professional awareness, and a healthy respect for his opponent..... like he feels heading into every fight, just more so

you'd better believe Holyfield and Douglas were "scared" of Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              he didn't hit Golovkin with anything too flush

Jacobs has much better speed/timing/instincts

not getting worried ?
              I can't believe someone was dumb enough to compare Jacobs with Lemuix and Stevenson? Plenty of guys can hit hard. Heck almost any boxer will KYFO if you stay there and let them tee off on you.

Comment

Um, Danny you forgot the chin on the advantages GGG holds and that will likely be the deciding factor. Though honestly Jacobs does not have better technique either. Props to Danny for stepping up though. He's a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  This is the Golovkin paradox. Every opponent is categorised as a overrated and a tin can every time he beats them easily, and is likely Jacob's fate too.

We've never seen Golovkin have to dig deep, and don't even know how far he could go. Suspicions are that he has Chavez Sr's chin, and could maintain 12 rounds of pressure if needed, but no-one has taken him there yet. Could Jacobs ? Doubt it.

Golovkin has been seen to take risks in fights, reputedly as he feels he can do, and we've seen him take hits. We've also seen him take less risk, eg Lemieux. Could he adjust mid-fight if he got hurt and needed to ? Again, not seen it as no-one has put him in that situation. Suspicion is he could do, but also suspicion that he would let it all hang out and go phone-booth believing his power wins out vs the other guy's.

This gives Jacobs a chance - if Golovkin takes risks he doesn't need to, and gets tagged with that perfect shot.

Its more likely Golovkin takes a lower-risk approach with Jacobs and more a Lemieux type fight - but if he gets Jacobs hurt early, he could let it all hang out, and we could see a shoot-out as early as the third. If that happens, either Jacobs goes early, or he lands an equalising shot and we get to see whether Golovkin returns to the lower-risk approach or goes all-out to see who drops first.

Either way - likely that Jacobs will be discounted along with the rest of Golovkin's opponents in the aftermath.

The only opponent that couldn't be dismissed afterwards is Canelo. Canelo has his haters, that he's been managed etc (and got some agreement that GB has done a piss-poor job with him recently), but he's elite, and getting better. Canelo would likely push Golovkin to a point where we haven't seen before, and we would get to see (finally) just how good Golovkin is.

Jacobs won't do that.
                  That was actually a really good comment, I admired GGG's fight plan for Lemieux, pure boxing and strategy, people seem to forget Golovkin adjusts his game plans accordingly. Jacobs better not be put in the category of 'bum' should he lose, that would be sour grapes from the haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Lemuix lost to a MW who lasted 1 round with Angulo. And was TKO'd and out smarted by Rubio lol.

Martin Murray is the Buffalo Bills of boxing. He couldn't win a Major belt if his life depended on it.

Geale lol where do I even start??? Sht 5'2" Cotto beat him almost as quick as GGG did...
                    It's not reasonable to rationalise a fighters abilities by judging past performances, there are counter arguments to your criticism of each fighter, and we could go all day long. For the record Marco Antonio Rubio was a hell of a fighter, a true warrior who felled to the might GGG. Fact of the matter is, Golovkin has beaten them all to date, Jacobs is a huge test.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Agreed, not that he is scared to fight. When I use to box as an amateur I use to be nervous, but it helped me in a way. It meant would t go in there headhunting and getting KD Or out.
                      Cus D Amoto has a few quotes on fear .

Boxing is a sport of self-control. You must understand fear so you can manipulate it. Fear is like fire. You can make it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, cook your food when you’re hungry, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. Let it go out of control and it can hurt you, even kill you…
                      – Cus D’Amato

Every fighter that ever lived had fear. A boy comes to me and tells me that he’s not afraid, if I believed him I’d say he’s a liar or there’s something wrong with him. I’d send him to a doctor to find out what the hell’s the matter with him, because this is not a normal reaction. The fighter that’s gone into the ring and hasn’t experienced fear is either a liar or a psychopath.
                      – Cus D’Amato

A fighter has to know fear.
                      – Cus D’Amato

Comment

Working...
                      X