• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at wanting 60-40

Comment

Terrible opposition even quillin fought better fighters

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        Is the context in relation to Gennady Golovkin?

Because I assure you PBC has a list of boxers... check it out. Since Golovkin is becoming synonymous with Ward vs Kovalev lately.... well Haymon has a fighter at 175 atm named Beterbiev in case those other fights don't happen.. that is of course if Golovkin wants that challenge and not at 164.

lost me with ''African American'' fighters and the eras of boxing. you also criticized ''eliteness.'' Geez I wonder what it would feel like to lace up gloves at the championship level and beating cancer... I wonder..

www.premiereboxingchampions.com

GGG is so good that he should fight Beterbiev and heaven forbid he wants to fight people in the weight class he has no issues making? Why doesn't Jacobs or Quillin fight Beterbiev with that logic? Hell..Ward might as well fight Wlad or Joshua since he'd be so willing to move up two weight classes.

GGG is just more popular because he's crushing over matched oponents at a frequent rate. Jacobs/Quillin were barely getting by at times with half the oponents. Who do you want to watch? The guy dominating his division 3 times a year trying to get a hold of the best there or the guys fighting even lesser comp once or twice a year if we're lucky? It's simple math. GGG is walking the walk at MW and everybody else is just posturing and scrambling to be busy when GGG comes knocking. Has nothing to do with race or color. GGG is from f ucking Kazakhstan for f ucks sake. Where Borat is from. Even sounds like him.

Just fight, win impressively and show some personality and people will gravitate. Nobody wants to hear about how much you love god and how nice a person you are 24/7.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-07-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Part of it is exposure. Look at who the stars are. They were pushed in front of the public with a lot of network and advertising support.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            I'd agree completely. But it goes back to the question of if Haymon can build fighters. It's like he viewed him as a charity case and still sh#t the bed with Quillin which has hurt both of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              GGG is so good that he should fight Beterbiev and heaven forbid he wants to fight people in the weight class he has no issues making? Why doesn't Jacobs or Quillin fight Beterbiev with that logic? Hell..Ward might as well fight Wlad or Joshua since he'd be so willing to move up two weight classes.

GGG is just more popular because he's crushing over matched oponents at a frequent rate. Jacobs/Quillin were barely getting by at times with half the oponents. Who do you want to watch? The guy dominating his division 3 times a year trying to get a hold of the best there or the guys fighting even lesser comp once or twice a year if we're lucky? It's simple math. GGG is walking the walk at MW and everybody else is just posturing and scrambling to be busy when GGG comes knocking. Has nothing to do with race or color. GGG is from f ucking Kazakhstan for f ucks sake. Where Borat is from. Even sounds like him.

Just fight, win impressively and show some personality and people will gravitate. Nobody wants to hear about how much you love god and how nice a person you are 24/7.
              I don't recall Jacobs or Quillin stating 154-168 is easy, or calling out the best 168-175 returning at a catch at 164. So no, they have no business with Beterbiev. The closest we have was a guy called Chavez Jr. WHO went up against a top 5 LHW named Fonfara and went 9 rounds. I guess that's Mexican style, regardless of the outcome, and was still showboating for the fans while getting handed. Fonfara said he was a tough sob.

Regarding Ward, he already said publicly he plans to finish his legacy at HW. So we will hold him to that and wish him the best of luck.

Or did Ward say HW was easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Part of it is exposure. Look at who the stars are. They were pushed in front of the public with a lot of network and advertising support.
                Doesn't that make you question Haymon though? I mean I don't want to turn this into a Haymon bashing thread at all, but I think Jacobs has proven he has talent. Not only does he have talent but he has the exciting fan friendly style that should win fans over. On top of that he has a back story that makes you pissed off that Will Smith isn't young enough anymore to play him in a movie.

Comment

"Superstar"

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Golovkin ducked Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      lol at wanting 60-40
                      He'll get it or Golovkin ducks.

Comment

Working...