Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP PRINCE, Legendary pop star dead at 57!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mud View Post
    Amazing. I had a lot of his bootleg small club gigs.
    oh you had them? I guess that means you can't post the images of them in my thread?

Pics or didn't happen

Comment

• Percy Sledge passed away last week but the world did not stir...

Comment

• Prince was “Beethoven kind of talent” says first manager Owen Husney

http://www.euronews.com/2016/04/22/p...r-owen-husney/

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
          Percy Sledge passed away last week but the world did not stir...
          That was last year, 2015. For some reason it got noticed and people thought it was news.

As for this thread, while I wouldn't call for a safe area like a libtard Muslim sucking cuck fagolist, it is a shame that a thread to celebrate the man's work is full of stupid children telling us that Prince... was gay/sucked/they hadn't heard any of his music/they hadn't heard any of his music but it sucked and he was gay anyway.

If you don't like him, why not just FUCK OFF and let those of us who did reminisce?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Who would you guys say were Prince's influences? And did he himself influence any artists that came after?

D'Angelo, Raphael Saadiq Maxwell, Frank Ocean. Those first two Maxwell and D'Angelo albums were special man. Great artist forreal and its a shame he died. Like my issue with Bob Marley on 4/20, he was reduced to a snapchat filter as a posterboy for weed.....Prince is reduced to nothing more than a dude who wore heels. Shame

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravado View Post
              Like my issue with Bob Marley on 4/20, he was reduced to a snapchat filter as a posterboy for weed.....Prince is reduced to nothing more than a dude who wore heels. Shame
              I think that's going to change if, hopefully, the hardcore restrictions keeping his music and performances off youtube and other sites are loosened with his death. I understand his reasons for being so protective of his stuff, but times changed and Youtube is how people consume and find new music, the younger generation doesn't know about him as much as they should because his music simply hasnt been available.

Comment

• I'm torn on how I feel about the way he died. On one hand, I think it's sadder a person so anti drugs was forced by debilitating pain to use them and ended up dying from them. On the other hand, if he had been taking pills like the rest of us he'd have built up a tolerance to that ****

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  Definitely. I also think a lot of the androgyny was influenced by little Richard. You can see the similarities in the picture.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Read a great article today about Prince - basically he was an overachiever, workaholic, eccentric but incredibly astute manager of his intellectual property and finances. Case in point, none of his music is on youtube or other free sites. The guy was very savvy in the business and financial aspect as much as he was with the creative side.
                  Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Prince was “Beethoven kind of talent” says first manager Owen Husney

http://www.euronews.com/2016/04/22/p...r-owen-husney/
                  "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life..."

Comment

• Comment

• One thing I note is that people are talking about his 80s pomp. None of the later stuff (not even the better 90s work) is getting a look in.

When Bowie left, people at least had material on Blackstar to talk about... but no one (rightfully) wants to bring up HitnRn Part 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X