Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Sweet Pea" Pernell Whitaker Calls Pacquiao The Best Boxer Today (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this a negative? He spoke the truth, Pacquiao is the best fighter in the world today, it's even makes him great to me because you would never see a Filipino or English boxer saying the samething about someone who isn't from their own country, That would be blasphemy but in America they seem to keep it straight instead of the nationality BS.

Comment

Originally posted by simpson69 View Post
      Pernell don't know **** about boxing.
      Ok Roger Mayweather!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Why is this a negative? He spoke the truth, Pacquiao is the best fighter in the world today, it's even makes him great to me because you would never see a Filipino or English boxer saying the samething about someone who isn't from their own country, That would be blasphemy but in America they seem to keep it straight instead of the nationality BS.
        that may be true to a certain degree but don't forget that even floyd pulled out that nationality BS card, even before he went sheenal and ranted like a lunatic on the net.

Comment

He is going to say that anyways he is pissed with always getting asked about floyd, and all the comparisons of him and floyd, after floyd did nick his defensive style though, if there was no sweet pea no Mayweather Jnr like we know him today I think.

Manny and Floyd are both legends of our time, pity Floyd takes so few fights!

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
            that may be true to a certain degree but don't forget that even floyd pulled out that nationality BS card, even before he went sheenal and ranted like a lunatic on the net.
            And? He wanted the same support that other boxers get from their own, The thing is american arent biased just because you're from the same country, Its difficult to see other countries pick or say anything positive about other fighters who arent from that country especially if they are rivals with one of their countrymen.

when Hatton was high and might over here it was difficult to get a straight opinion from former or active boxers here when he was fighting Mayweather, I admire americans for that because they dont play that *****.

This is why its easy for an foreign boxer to come over to america and be loved as long as he fights and entertain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              And? He wanted the same support that other boxers get from their own, The thing is american arent biased just because you're from the same country, Its difficult to see other countries pick or say anything positive about other fighters who arent from that country especially if they are rivals with one of their countrymen.

when Hatton was high and might over here it was difficult to get a straight opinion from former or active boxers here when he was fighting Mayweather, I admire americans for that because they dont play that *****.

This is why its easy for an foreign boxer to come over to america and be loved as long as he fights and entertain.
              my point was that though you are correct that americans are more open-minded than generally most other races in that they would root for a fighter regardless of nationality, its not true in all cases. As i pointed out earlier, there are americans who still use that nationality BS and floyd is one of them.

that said, though i believe as individuals, americans are generally an open-minded bunch. But somehow, that doesn't necessarily translate to boxing. for example, name me one other non-american boxer other than Pac who has achieved recognition even close to Floyd or dela hoya.

in truth, for some reason or another, its very VERY difficult for non-american boxers to achieve recognition and Pac is simply the exception to the rule.

Comment

Working...
              X