No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOWTIME PPV For Wilder v Fury

So it looks like Showtime are doing their first PPV since Mayweather v Mcgregor.

How do you think the numbers will do, remember PPV is around $50-70 between two relative unknown fighters in Wilder and Fury.

Fury's Humour may come across as cringy to the U.S. market, so the Mayweather-Mcgregor Press tour marketing tool may not work. Can't see it doing more than 300K, which is still double what Kovalev-Ward did.

Many of the people picking low #'s are the same ones who were skeptical about it happening. This fight does 500K plus. The Wilder-Fury announcement was the lead-in on SportsCenter. The build-up is going to be huge.

Comment

This is gonna do good. And if they have a nice co-main event for the boxing fans even more.

Comment

If it gets to 300k they should be very happy in my opinion. It depends on what they charge for it of course but if its the standard 60$ or so then I doubt it gets close to 500k

Comment

Will depend on what Showtime/CBS is willing to put up to market it

If we actually end up getting three Episodes of All Access plus an Epilogue (the story of the Gypsy King, fight camp, fight week, and then ending with the fight/aftermath), the fight ends up doing really well (ESPN trying to sell the Bryant Jennings early stoppage as some crushing victory on MNF will give me pause to the amount of support that ESPN will give to a fight not with them).

Because every Haymon-affiliated fight card with 6 weeks of the fight date (for Showtime or with PBC) will help push Wilder-Fury.

Comment

If the price is $70, then 220K.

Comment

Hopefully they break 300K. With a $59.99/69.99 model, that would give them ~$20,000,000 in PPV revenue.

Comment

Calling it the hw championship fight will add some shine. I think people will buy it when they market fury as undefeated champion etc...not knowing it's like a 50% fury who fought nobody relevant in like 3 years. Americans are desperate to rule the hw division, just need to convince casuals that's what this fight is about.

Comment

I would be shocked if this fight doesn’t sell quite well, they both at the highest peak in terms of their media PR wise, they should be able to generate good numbers.

Comment

Well marketed HW fight will always do good in todays easier entertained WWE like generation .

Marketing promotion is the key word bc ironically Wilders team are the weak link here .

I suspect it will do good based on 2 undefeated guys though its almost a sell in itself ..

Comment

Working...
                    X