No announcement yet.

Is Wilder weight loss fishy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wilder weight loss fishy?

Just asking... he lost 15 pounds in one year.

From this:

To this:

Why would he lose 15 pounds on purpose?

I don't get it.

from what to what?

Comment

Stamina? Maybe he wants to focus on more speed?

Comment

It's because of the opponent he's facing. This is the best opponent he has challenged since the first Bermane Stiverne bout. Therefore, Deontay Wilder will need his speed and stamina against the slow plodding Luis Ortiz. He plans on implementing a lot of movement against King Kong and that is why he came in so light.

As far as Luis is concerned, there is the danger of him running into a punch that he does not see because chances are he is clean for this fight and is no longer doping. In addition, he's a lot older than what he actually is too. Therefore, his reflexes and hand to eye coordination may all be negatively effected as a result.

Comment

Losing 15 pounds in a year isn't hard

Comment

He only lost 5lbs since his fight with Stiverne.

Comment

There's a video out there of Wilder in front of a huge amount of food saying he has to get to work. I don't think he enjoys the bulking up process and tried hard to get to 240 and couldn't do it, no matter how much he ate. Plus his training has him losing weight all the time right into a fight.

Comment

LOL what, any average shcmow could lost 15 pounds in a years easy lol what

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Just asking... he lost 15 pounds in one year.

From this:

To this:

Why would he lose 15 pounds on purpose?

I don't get it.
                  Looks like he lost a ton of muscle. Might be focusing more on conditioning these days. Or he was taking some supplements and quit.

Comment

Has there ever been a HW that has went down this much in the space of 1 year? a guy that was already sub-10% body fat? there's losing weight and then there is visibly losing muscle. I don't understand why he done it, he was already fast and powerful for his height.

Comment

Working...
                    X