Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN's Entry Into Boxing Creates Healthy Broadcaster Competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as they show good fights I’ll support that or ESPN 2 and other systems. But if Hearn is going to be a total didkhead and and not make the fights that fans want to see he won’t see a penny of my money. Right now I wont support DAZN until he makes Wilder Joshua. Ole tiny ass teef in his mouf having ass...

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      You don't have to watch it on your phone. And besides, even if you didn't have a ROKU or Chromecase or Firestick, you would be able to watch it on your laptop/computer. I don't get this phone comment everyone keeps making. Like it isn't the type of app you think it is. I'd recommend purchasing a chromecast which is I think like $25 bucks, and you will be set. You will be able to cast from your phone or computer to the TV. Pretty easy to set up as well.
      It's a point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. A lot of people aren't as technically savvy as you and I, and don't know what's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        It's a point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. A lot of people aren't as technically savvy as you and I, and don't know what's possible.
        I wouldn't even call myself the most tech savvy person either. I just recently purchased a chromecast (before Pac vs Matthysse), and it's pretty easy to set up and use. And even got myself a roku afterwards and though setting it up is a bit harder, it's easy to use. Some older folks like my dad who is in his 60s will never understand the concept so I get it. But for others who are even a bit tech savvy and would be able to install it, shouldn't be a problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I wouldn't even call myself the most tech savvy person either. I just recently purchased a chromecast (before Pac vs Matthysse), and it's pretty easy to set up and use. And even got myself a roku afterwards and though setting it up is a bit harder, it's easy to use. Some older folks like my dad who is in his 60s will never understand the concept so I get it. But for others who are even a bit tech savvy and would be able to install it, shouldn't be a problem at all.
          The problem isn't the difficulty setting it up though. You'd have to have been made aware of it in the first place, and I'd be willing to put a decent amount of money on something like half of this forum being unaware you can cast streaming content to a TV.

Comment

I imagine the 65+ crowd isn't the target audience with ESPN+ and DAZN, so you have a point...I guess? Same thing with Netflix or Spotify. And it's worked pretty damn well for them.

Comment

F dazn & F espn+

Comment

wow people younger than 70 still pay for TV? Or even have TV?

Comment

The problem isn't the difficulty setting it up though. You'd have to have been made aware of it in the first place, and I'd be willing to put a decent amount of money on something like half of this forum being unaware you can cast streaming content to a TV.
                  Right, but regardless of how many times it is told, you get the same answer that "I don't want to watch a fight on my phone." They have no idea what a chromecast or roku or a firsestick is. Going to be a big adjustment period for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                    I imagine the 65+ crowd isn't the target audience with ESPN+ and DAZN, so you have a point...I guess? Same thing with Netflix or Spotify. And it's worked pretty damn well for them.
                    The thing is, that with Netflix and Spotify, those are apps that can be used daily. I use Spotify in the car and when I'm at the gym. I could turn on Netflix any time of the day and catch up on a show or watch a movie if there's nothing on on cable. I did the ESPN+ for Crawford and till this date I haven't used it again since I forgot to cancel. Now with DAZN, Hearn has announce 2 fights, AJ on Sept. 22 and the Vargas card on Oct.6, Thats 2 fights in 3 weeks and that's it for now, looks like they will have at least 2 cards per month. For a US customer, it doesn't seem like it's enough to subscribe to an app that you will barely use. Other than a fight day on a Saturday, what is gonna make me want to use the app on another day during the week? If I'm paying for something, I want to at least get some use out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                      wow people younger than 70 still pay for TV? Or even have TV?
                      Yessir. I still need my TV. It may be a bit more expensive but that's fine. These apps still get shaky at times due to either bad connection or just some streaming problems. Definitely the future and really the present, but I'll be using a TV for as long as I can.

Comment

Working...
                      X