Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after this does anyone think DAZN will raise their prices yet again in a year? It’s just really sketchy to raise their price after only 5 months. I don’t remember of any other apps raising their prices so soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Boxing represents a tiny piece of the budget DAZN spending on sports content world wide. They paid like 300 or 400M just for the MLB (version of NFL Redzone) which launches next week in the US
      What you don't understand is that DAZN has been around for a minute; 2015 To be exact and they have never run into budget or monetary problems until they added boxing content to its platform since September of last year why? It's because they have never paid any other sports athlete the kind of money that they are paying boxers. I bet you there is not another single sports athlete on DAZN platform is making anywhere near the $365mil kind of money that Canelo Alvarez is making.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
        So after this does anyone think DAZN will raise their prices yet again in a year? It’s just really sketchy to raise their price after only 5 months. I don’t remember of any other apps raising their prices so soon.
        Hard to say. I think this is their experiment to see what the market will bear.
        I am sure they hope that everyone goes for the $100 deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          You can't just do that. That illegal. But bugdunny1 (no relation lol) said his boy saw DAZN in Hooters which is good because I was in a Hooters and they didn't have DAZN yet.
          oh ok cuz I know the cable companies be up their asses with that stuff.... interesting one had it the other didn't hhmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            They found out they couldn't afford all of these $100's of millions of dollar contracts they're dishing out left and right to boxers without raising their price. Could still be worth getting though, i'm going to look into getting DAZN.
            Or its just a great business move, making the price of the annual pass so compelling that people will have no choice but to sign up to the annual subscription.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Javi I don't watch MMA so that doesn't impact me.

I understand your point. I brought up additional programming because I had those channels when they weren't investing in boxing. So the boxing was an added bonus.

With DAZN, boxing would be the singular reason for my purchase. In that regard, the service has not produced quality fights but I am sure that will change. If they don't have quality fights, then there is no reason for me to purchase at all.
              I agree with that if they dont get more notable fighter, or cross promote somehow, they'll lose the boxing only subs which would suck......

but at the very least if you wanna see one, you only have to pay $20 as opposed to regular ppv prices which imo is a bonus for just about anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by pepzz View Post
                20 dollars is cheaper than the movie theaters here in hawaii.
                ?

how much is it for a ticket?

cuz theres one here in jersey I pay like $12 they have reclining seats also you can choose your seating arrangement if you order online ahead of time.

Comment

• And if they don't get those subscriptions up or sign some good American fighters then they will continue to lose money by compensating for it by sticking it to us consumers/the boxing fans in order to pay for their lost profits and revenues.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    What you don't understand is that DAZN has been around for a minute; 2015 To be exact and they have never run into budget or monetary problems until they added boxing content to its platform since September of last year why? It's because they have never paid any other sports athlete the kind of money that they are paying boxers. I bet you there is not another single sports athlete on DAZN platform is making anywhere near the $365mil kind of money that Canelo Alvarez is making.
                    You do realize they don't have to pay the $365m to Canelo upfront? Canelo got $15m for the Fielding fight and that's all they've paid him so far. They're paying $700m for their 3 year deal to stream serie A games so they're used to paying out big money in other countries.
                    Last edited by Stinger1; 03-21-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      Well once Feb, 2020 hits...I'll be cancelling my subscription because I'm not paying 19.99 a month.

The only way I pay that past 2/20 is if Joshua/Wilder is signed before then.
                      if you order for the whole year it comes out to $8.33 per month

Comment

Working...
                      X