No announcement yet.

Anthem is actually pretty dope.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I'm not into playing a ton of different games, which is why I almost skipped Anthem. Anthem is definitely next-level when it comes to visuals. I mostly play Gears of War 4, which is 2 years old. It looks sick on this rig though. I went and played it on my Xbox One X the other day and it was like popping in a VHS tape. I was disgusted.

My wife plays the last Tomb Raider (couple years old) on this and it looks pretty amazing.

1440 with high frames (120 to 144) is where it's at right now. Rigs like ours will thrive for the next few years until 4k at 120/144 becomes more feasible.
    Sick bro Ill probably buy it and give it a try

Comment

I'm not into playing a ton of different games, which is why I almost skipped Anthem. Anthem is definitely next-level when it comes to visuals. I mostly play Gears of War 4, which is 2 years old. It looks sick on this rig though. I went and played it on my Xbox One X the other day and it was like popping in a VHS tape. I was disgusted.

My wife plays the last Tomb Raider (couple years old) on this and it looks pretty amazing.

1440 with high frames (120 to 144) is where it's at right now. Rigs like ours will thrive for the next few years until 4k at 120/144 becomes more feasible.

console games cant mess with PC gaming... 2 different world

Comment

Yesterday I was this close to buying an RTX 2080/ti, it comes with Anthem, Metro Exodus, and Battlefield V. But i'm still thinking about it, it's pretty expensive lol, the one i'm looking at is $900(2080) $1300 (ti). I have a PS4 Pro, with $1300 I can probably buy 20 PS4 games at their full price of $65.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
          heard some bad critics so didnt bother trying it. What GPU you got? My brother is building my PC right now. Got a Geforce 2080 , i7 9700K , 32g ram and 1tb samsung ssd. I should be able to maxed out everything on my 1440p screen
          I'd like to update my PC. I just upgraded to 32gb ram recently myself. Was looking for a GPU yesterday, but once I get going I want to upgrade everything, motherboard, cpu, ssd. These GPU's are getting more and more expensive. The $800 dollar nvidia cards like the 2080, that used to be the prices of the ti's 4-5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I'd like to update my PC. I just upgraded to 32gb ram recently myself. Was looking for a GPU yesterday, but once I get going I want to upgrade everything, motherboard, cpu, ssd. These GPU's are getting more and more expensive. The $800 dollar nvidia cards like the 2080, that used to be the prices of the ti's 4-5 years ago.
            Yeah its so damn expensive. That's why I didnt get the TI. In CAD its almost 2000$ just for the gpu. Pretty crazy if you ask me lol. The 2080 does the job pretty well.

Comment

Yesterday I was this close to buying an RTX 2080/ti, it comes with Anthem, Metro Exodus, and Battlefield V. But i'm still thinking about it, it's pretty expensive lol, the one i'm looking at is $900(2080) $1300 (ti). I have a PS4 Pro, with $1300 I can probably buy 20 PS4 games at their full price of $65.
              Check Newegg. They have awesome sales that rotate regularly. I got my MSI 2080 Duke OC for $650 with Anthem and BF5 instead of $820 on Amazon.
              You can find 2080s for $600 sometimes. I wouldn't worry about the oc ability either as the differences these days are small.

Comment

Check Newegg. They have awesome sales that rotate regularly. I got my MSI 2080 Duke OC for $650 with Anthem and BF5 instead of $820 on Amazon.
                You can find 2080s for $600 sometimes. I wouldn't worry about the oc ability either as the differences these days are small.
                I have a Newegg credit card with a pretty good credit limit, I upgraded my PC to 32gb ram, that's about it. My issue is, I just don't want a GPU bad enough. Every time I think I am ready to pull the trigger on a new GPU, I back off because I have not been gaming on PC like I used to. I just play on PS4 Pro. If I buy one I will just be buying one to just to have my computer upgraded to 2018 standards of hardcore gaming. But it does bother me that these cards cost more than a console, even the 'cheap' one's. I imagine not even the PS5 will reach as much as the cheapest RTX 2080.

Comment

I have a Newegg credit card with a pretty good credit limit, I upgraded my PC to 32gb ram, that's about it. My issue is, I just don't want a GPU bad enough. Every time I think I am ready to pull the trigger on a new GPU, I back off because I have not been gaming on PC like I used to. I just play on PS4 Pro. If I buy one I will just be buying one to just to have my computer upgraded to 2018 standards of hardcore gaming. But it does bother me that these cards cost more than a console, even the 'cheap' one's. I imagine not even the PS5 will reach as much as the cheapest RTX 2080.
                  It's an expensive hobby for sure. But, I have several of the same games on both the One X and PC and it's not even close. Even in games that play 4k on console, it's a rez scaled 4k with low frames. Being able to play on great detail with less latency and higher frames is worth the money for me. Really depends where your entertainment budget is though and how much time you spend. 2 years ago, no way would I have bothered. I was gaming so little that even an Xbox was too much to spend.

Comment

It's an expensive hobby for sure. But, I have several of the same games on both the One X and PC and it's not even close. Even in games that play 4k on console, it's a rez scaled 4k with low frames. Being able to play on great detail with less latency and higher frames is worth the money for me. Really depends where your entertainment budget is though and how much time you spend. 2 years ago, no way would I have bothered. I was gaming so little that even an Xbox was too much to spend.
                    I honestly don't think it's worth it. And I have a pretty good salary. Like I have no issue spending on entertainment.

I remember when the GTX 980 came out for $550 (EVGA), and the 980 ti for $650 (EVGA). Now you have the 2080 for $800 (EVGA), and 2080 ti for $1200-1500.

Data mining ruined it for gamers. It's ridiculous when with the price of a ti now, with that money you can buy the latest console plus an army of games. Those GPU's are not worth the price tag, they are that price due to data miners.

Comment

Its been out for some time and notice that most people just dont like it. They tolerate it but not enjoy it. Not all people, but just most.

Comment

Working...
                      X