No announcement yet.

Espinoza Doesn’t Believe in Wilder / Mayweather got Premium Deals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espinoza Doesn’t Believe in Wilder / Mayweather got Premium Deals

Wilder is near 50-0 as a Heavyweight. The public will forgive Draws. Sure Floyd got a premium 6 fight deal with Showtime back in 2013...

But as the industry is changing with ESPN+ and DAZN in new bidding wars for digital growth, Showtime is still conservative with investment. Forget relying on Fox. They’re too premature to know the history of PBC with Showtime.

I blame Espinoza if Wilder goes to DAZN. If Fury is getting a big deal, then you fork up something similar and you focus on marketing.

If no one agrees, then fook it, Wilder is best to go to DAZN. Who knows, what if Wilder blows up on DAZN!

Are you really comparing Floyd to Wilder? Floyd was a superstar since the ODLH W years before the Showtime deal. You can't compare where Floyd was at years post-ODLH to where Wilder is now. Hell if Wilder beats Joshua twice he's unlikely to be anywhere close to where Floyd was in popularity.

And you pay on popularity/drawing ability not on being undefeated or almost 50-0.

Or C- troll thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Are you really comparing Floyd to Wilder? Floyd was a superstar since the ODLH W years before the Showtime deal. You can't compare where Floyd was at years post-ODLH to where Wilder is now. Hell if Wilder beats Joshua twice he's unlikely to be anywhere close to where Floyd was in popularity.

And you pay on popularity/drawing ability not on being undefeated or almost 50-0.

Or C- troll thread.
      Yea I’m really comparing Floyd to Wilder. They are the same height, weight, and Wilder is a proven PPV Star. Floyd was also third place when ESPN+ and DAZN were running things in 2013. Oh and Espinoza can masturbate to Mayweather McGregor 2 because that’s what combat sports is truly about.

And of course, Let me repeat, I specifically said that Wilder should get the same Premium Deal as Floyd because I’m “REALLY” comparing them!

Comment

He hasn't proved his drawing power or his ability, he's one loss away from irrelevance and that loss looks a hell lot more likely than it ever did with may weather. Plus he competes in a division dominated by euros, traditionally poor sellers in the us, with no established PPV stars as dancing partners and no Hispanics. And he isn't even the man in that division, you can't compare wilder to mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          Yea I’m really comparing Floyd to Wilder. They are the same height, weight, and Wilder is a proven PPV Star. Floyd was also third place when ESPN+ and DAZN were running things in 2013. Oh and Espinoza can masturbate to Mayweather McGregor 2 because that’s what combat sports is truly about.

And of course, Let me repeat, I specifically said that Wilder should get the same Premium Deal as Floyd because I’m “REALLY” comparing them!
          B+ troll response.

Comment

Frankie...are you dense?

arum confirmed the number on furys deal is "absolute nonsense"...its an inflated number given out as a PR stunt...and arum said it and he had nothing to do with it.....furys deal is smoke and mirrors...hes not touching 80 mil without fighting aj and wilder....that's a best case scenario number if everything goes right

wilder is one of the top paid US fighters....the us market dicates the money he gets...he gets fair market value here....

Espinoza and everyone have such faith in wilder they came up with AJs 50 million....so much faith they were willing to send him to the UK for low money if it was in 2018(hearn couldn't put a date on it)

this thread is horrible and filled with utter nonsense

wilder said "im free to fight wherever"....what he was saying is "if aj and fury want to fight right now I can do that...I can go wherever"...he didn't say he wasn't happy and that he wanted to sign somewhere else.......but as you can clearly see both espn and dazn want to carry 0 risk and want interim fights first too......wilder was saying hes ready to go right now ....but no one wants that...they all want interim fights and deals with wilder

wilder never said he wasn't happy with how the pbc/showtime have handled him so far

Comment

Espinoza could offer Wilder an exclusive deal with Showtime but it would be for less than he would get elsewhere.

Comment

4 million doe. Loyalty doe.

Comment

Working...
                X