Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey fans, Is Mikey Making the Biggest Blunder in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Guts No Glory! Plain And Simple.

The only thing is the size lmfao, so much more to the sweet science than size. Yes the bigger man usually win those type of matches but not against GREAT fighter though and thats what mikey is, he not just a good or better than the average fighter he is a great fighter. Look at what everyone says, its all "I THINK SPENCE IS TOO BIG....... BUT..... IF MIKEY CAN HANDLE THE SIZE" lmfao.

I just hope james throws the towel when the time comes and save Spence so he can still have a future outside of the ring.

War Mikey!

Comment

Mikey will be fine. Win or lose as long as he gives it an honest effort, I can't be mad.

Comment

This fight reminds me alot of Rigo vs Loma...lots of people thinking the smaller p4p fighter can pull it off but it's probably going to be one-sided. And if it isn't...that probably means Spence isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
          If it could’ve happened at 122, why did Loma want 126? Rigo was higher in the P4P list.
          Bro whats with the politics? Who give a ****? Buncha clowns this site...

I said it doesnt mater what weight the fight would have happened at, Loma woulda whooped his ass regardless. The result would always be the same.

The frames are so different it doesn't mater. Rigo is just a tiny little man.

Loma is very small and looked huge against Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
            Bro whats with the politics? Who give a ****? Buncha clowns this site...

I said it doesnt mater what weight the fight would have happened at, Loma woulda whooped his ass regardless. The result would always be the same.

The frames are so different it doesn't mater. Rigo is just a tiny little man.

Loma is very small and looked huge against Rigo.
            Loma is ''very small?'' lol. Why do you think Floyd wanted Canelo at 152, for a guy who had problems making 154 with Cintron, Mosley and Lopez.

You're saying Loma who had already fought at 130 in the Olympics was able to fight and beat Rigo at 122? 8lb variance eh?

Ask Boliodogs if GGG would have been able to beat Canelo at 155. Do you think GGG would have beaten Canelo at 155?

boliodogs

Comment

It does seem like a clear duck of Loma to me. Mikey is taking the path of least resistance with his challenge of Erroll Spence, Jr. No matter what size he is.
              Even if Mikey does win he shouldn't get full credit, because after all, it was an admitted cherrypick from the start. He said it was a cherrypick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                I don’t think he is making any mistakes, the only thing he risks his that “0”. He’s in a win win situation, not a lot of people gives him a chance.
                Tell Kell Brook there's no risk.
                Tell RJJ there's no risk.

Look, I don't know if Mikey is making a mistake or not. None of us know until we see the outcome of the fight. But there is a substantial risk both physically and mentally in making a leap in weight classes like this.

Kell Brook got his eye busted in a fight with a much larger guy and that may permanently impact his ability to fight.

RJJ went up in weight to win the HW crown but lost his elite speed and was never the same fighter afterward.

It takes guts to do what he's doing. But whether or not it's smart is an entirely different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
                  Tell Kell Brook there's no risk.
                  Tell RJJ there's no risk.

Look, I don't know if Mikey is making a mistake or not. None of us know until we see the outcome of the fight. But there is a substantial risk both physically and mentally in making a leap in weight classes like this.

Kell Brook got his eye busted in a fight with a much larger guy and that may permanently impact his ability to fight.

RJJ went up in weight to win the HW crown but lost his elite speed and was never the same fighter afterward.

It takes guts to do what he's doing. But whether or not it's smart is an entirely different story.
                  I understand, and we shall see come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I understand, and we shall see come fight night.
                    Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him pull it off. I like guys who take risks. But there most certainly is a downside to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him pull it off. I like guys who take risks. But there most certainly is a downside to this.
                      I know, when I said there was no risk for him, I wasn’t referring to a physical risk. More of a he was in a win win situation, because most don’t think he would win, so if he last 10 rounds he’s still “winning” in most peoples eye. But you are right he could be hurt physically.

Comment

Working...
                      X