Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: I Beat GGG, Canelo Never Faced Anyone With My Skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    except he didn't. most scores had it 3-3 as the 9th and 12th ggg dominated and he probably won a very close 8th. the 11th was also a dominate round for ggg until the last second when jacobs might have snuck it with a couple big landed shots. so a pretty even second half unless you are just wrecklessly changing scoring criteria as you go. even then best case is 4-2 jacobs with a lot of very close rounds in there. not sure how thats winning it big but maybe his underdog power and low standards gave him a boost
    Again, this is what separates almost ANY GGG fan from me. I use "facts" and "evidence" to support my statements.

On the three official judge scorecards, in rounds rounds 10, 11, and 12, Gennady Golovkin received just 1 round (12th).

ALL official judges had Gennady winning. 7-5 twice and 6-6 once (KD difference maker).

As usual, daggum will duck a response because he gets owned, as usual.

Comment

We will be hearing from Danny Jacobs about how he "thinks" he beat Canelo for the next 4 years. Canelo by UD

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Let's not forget Nelo's body attack.

How would you rate DJ's defense ?
        It's tough because Danny seems to perform differently depending on his opponent. He was there to be hit against Arias and Sulecki...very underwhelming performances, but he looked good against GGG and very sharp against Derevenchenko.

I'd give Danny a B in defense, maybe a B-. In his last fight it was closer to a B+ which might be a more accurate score as Canelo has many of the same physical attributes as Sergeiy, but Danny can definitely be hit although he's not easy to land a good shot on.

For contrast I give Canelo a B- in defense. He can defend shots well with upper body movement, rolling, parrying, blocking, etc., but he can definitely be hit as well especially if you have a good jab (GGG) and/or good timing (Lara, Floyd).

The good thing for Danny is that, besides Khan, Canelo has never shown game-changing power. He doesn't end fights with one punch. Angulo, Kirkland, and Fielding were beaten by accumulation of punches. Canelo can definitely hurt someone, but it takes time.

Canelo's body punching will be very important in this fight. It will suck the stamina - and power - from Danny who is likely to land a fair share of punches especially in first third/first half of the fight. Canelo will have to make Danny respect him...otherwise it will be a jab/move kind of night. If Canelo can make Danny respect him more than the jabs will become less frequent due to concern for counter punches, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          It's tough because Danny seems to perform differently depending on his opponent. He was there to be hit against Arias and Sulecki...very underwhelming performances, but he looked good against GGG and very sharp against Derevenchenko.

I'd give Danny a B in defense, maybe a B-. In his last fight it was closer to a B+ which might be a more accurate score as Canelo has many of the same physical attributes as Sergeiy, but Danny can definitely be hit although he's not easy to land a good shot on.

For contrast I give Canelo a B- in defense. He can defend shots well with upper body movement, rolling, parrying, blocking, etc., but he can definitely be hit as well especially if you have a good jab (GGG) and/or good timing (Lara, Floyd).

The good thing for Danny is that, besides Khan, Canelo has never shown game-changing power. He doesn't end fights with one punch. Angulo, Kirkland, and Fielding were beaten by accumulation of punches. Canelo can definitely hurt someone, but it takes time.

Canelo's body punching will be very important in this fight. It will suck the stamina - and power - from Danny who is likely to land a fair share of punches especially in first third/first half of the fight. Canelo will have to make Danny respect him...otherwise it will be a jab/move kind of night. If Canelo can make Danny respect him more than the jabs will become less frequent due to concern for counter punches, etc
          Respect

I feel differently about their level of D.

I'd rate Nelo higher due to him not really ever being hurt (that I can remember).

His body movement is more fluid. He can also attack while in ''retreat''.

Mora was able to tag DJ.
          DJ suffered a flash kd vs GGG

For the most part, one punch power goes out the window when top guys fight each other.

Conditioning can play a part
          Chin stability another

They both have enough power to end a fight, eventually.

Body shots will give DJ something else to worry about.

I still see Nelo as having more weapons than DJ. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
            Respect

I feel differently about their level of D.

I'd rate Nelo higher due to him not really ever being hurt (that I can remember).

His body movement is more fluid. He can also attack while in ''retreat''.

Mora was able to tag DJ.
            DJ suffered a flash kd vs GGG

For the most part, one punch power goes out the window when top guys fight each other.

Conditioning can play a part
            Chin stability another

They both have enough power to end a fight, eventually.

Body shots will give DJ something else to worry about.

I still see Nelo as having more weapons than DJ. We will see.

Canelo is a stud for selecting Danny Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              Canelo is a stud for selecting Danny Jacobs
              Well, this mega deal he signed won't stand for no hopers. I still feel he would have gone after DJ w/o the deal, though.

I never took Nelo to be an ''easy way'' kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                No Jacobs, you did not beat GGG. You gave him a helluva fight. And you deserve credit. But GGG won.
                Exactly.. and he skipped the next day rehydration.. so he had a unfair advantage on GGG.. so I couldn't give him full credit even if he won. But he lost.. and he touch the canvas.. he probably did a little better than canelo did in the first fight.. minus the knock down.. but he didn't win..

Comment

Going the distance does not = a win. GGG won that fight (though I will admit that this fight was closer than either of the 2 Canelo fights)

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                    Exactly.. and he skipped the next day rehydration.. so he had a unfair advantage on GGG.. so I couldn't give him full credit even if he won. But he lost.. and he touch the canvas.. he probably did a little better than canelo did in the first fight.. minus the knock down.. but he didn't win..
                    GGG and camp were informed that Jacobs skipped day after weigh-in immediately. GGG chose not to hydrate more and Danny chose to forfeit his belt.

It would only be UNFAIR if Danny could skip the weigh-in and retain the belt otherwise it was a tactical decision that did not pay off anyways

Are you going to cry if Canelo chooses to wear NEW shoes and Danny uses an old pair????

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      Going the distance does not = a win. GGG won that fight (though I will admit that this fight was closer than either of the 2 Canelo fights)
                      I agree

1st Canelo fight a distinct draw

2nd fight a clear win for Canelo

Danny GGG were too close to call

Comment

Working...
                      X