Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Decisions Regis Prograis To Unify Titles, Win WBSS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor Decisions Regis Prograis To Unify Titles, Win WBSS

Regis Prograis (24-0, 20 KOs) and Josh Taylor (15-0-12 KOs) both made weight at heated weigh-in ahead of their WBSS Super-Lightweight Ali Trophy Final at The O2 Saturday in London.

Prograis vs Taylor, WBSS Super-Lightweight Ali Trophy Final with the WBA, IBF & Ring Magazine World titles on the line:

Prograis weighed in at 9st 14lbs 15oz/139.9lbs, Taylor at 9st 13lbs 9oz/139.6lbs before the pair went head-to-head for the last time in front of a huge crowd at East Wintergarden in London.

Regis Prograis, USA, WBA ‘Super’ World Champion & WBC Diamond Champion, tournament No. 1 seed (63,5 kilo):

"Somebody's throwing that towel in because I'm going to stop him guaranteed," vowed Prograis after trading insults with his rival during the intense stare-down. "Everything is good, I'm going to beat the ***t out of him tomorrow. We were cursing each other, I was saying I was going to stop him, he was saying he was going to stop me. But I'm going to stop him guaranteed.”

Josh Taylor, Scotland, IBF World Champion & WBC Silver titlist, tournament No. 2 seed (63,3 kilo):

“Since this tournament was created I’ve dreamed and envisioned lifting that trophy,” said Taylor.

"I can't wait to do a number on this mouthpiece, I'm going to shut him up. He's going to sleep, he's going back to America with his tail between his legs."

The WBSS Super-Lightweight Ali Trophy Final at The O2 in London on October 26 is shown live via Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and DAZN in the U.S.

I pick Regis by knockout!

Comment

Taylor by close decision. I think Prograis gets too careless at times.

Comment

Why do English boxers often say the will knock their opponent spark out as if just knocking him out isn't good enough? Is a spark KO some kind of special KO? I pick Prograis to knock Taylor SPARK out.

Comment

Originally posted by kara View Post
          Taylor by close decision. I think Prograis gets too careless at times.
          Agreed. Will be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Why do English boxers often say the will knock their opponent spark out as if just knocking him out isn't good enough? Is a spark KO some kind of special KO? I pick Prograis to knock Taylor SPARK out.
            Who’s English like??????
            Taylor s Scottish you muppet

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              just a saying dont read too much in to it pal

Comment

What time does this start US EST?

Comment

Clap your hands for the Tart-Tomato! Cheer very-very hard! Josh needs your motivation! Let him feel the power! GO TOMATO! GO! Dont despair as the rounds slip Taylor! Keep believing that the judges or ref will rob Regis Prograis! There is always a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Clap your hands for the Tart-Tomato! Cheer very-very hard! Josh needs your motivation! Let him feel the power! GO TOMATO! GO! Dont despair as the rounds slip Taylor! Keep believing that the judges or ref will rob Regis Prograis! There is always a chance!
                    You freak.

Comment

Working...
                    X