Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Golovkin really compete with Rob Brant?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brahmer was on the way to winning the WBSS until injured, I made a thread about it. He was a light heavy squeezing down to 168...he impressed me tremendously in the Brant fight.

Brant really had no business at 168, especially against such a huge one in Brahmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      Brant retired Braehmer
      Braehmer boxed Brant's ears off, just stop talking sht you effing troll and give fighters their credit.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Where does Jurgen Brahmer fit into this scenario? Thats what I want to know.
        Braehmer has a weird left handed style and was a 168 pounders TBH.

Somehow, Brant is hittable wich is a bad look when you face GGG.

You beat GGG with defense and quick offense IMO, Brant is OK with his offense but he would get countered too much.

People sleeping on GGG now that he took a loss, Nelo is special and reached his boxing/physical prime, and most people gave GGG at least one win out of those 2 Nelo's match up.

Comment

Brant exposed Murata. Murata is totally one-dimensional and Brant showed what a talented boxer he is. Funny how people were writing off Brant, saying Murata would KO him.

Comment

I don't think Golovkin likes to fight skilled movers. So, I'd say a Brant fight won't happen. I honestly don't know who Golovkin can beat out of the current top middleweights. Maybe a rematch with the great Wade for some regional title?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              I don't think Golovkin likes to fight skilled movers. So, I'd say a Brant fight won't happen. I honestly don't know who Golovkin can beat out of the current top middleweights. Maybe a rematch with the great Wade for some regional title?
              GGG fought Canelo to a draw and a razor close loss in Vegas where the judges are famous for being extremely generous to Canelo. On neutral ground GGG would have won both fights. He is at least as good as Canelo. If GGG couldn't beat the current top middleweights then neither could Canelo. You sound like another long time GGG hater. Brant all ready got his ass kicked by a boxer who is not that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                Brant exposed Murata. Murata is totally one-dimensional and Brant showed what a talented boxer he is. Funny how people were writing off Brant, saying Murata would KO him.
                People myself include were wrong about that fight and you were right. Don't get too smug. You are usually the one who is dead sure the underdog will win and end up being wrong when your pick gets knocked out as expected.

Comment

Ggg. Box rec
                  http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/356831

at this pt, brant has a chance. Ggg is increasingly inactive.

parallel is kov because he has a higher ko ratio, boxer puncher eastern European style. Who gave Alvarez a chance before the kov fight? Once the blueprint is out, people follow it. Ggg you walk him down and attack the body to set up the head.
                  Kov box rec
                  http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/505927

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Hes trolling, but you are not when saying GGG is one of the greatest amateur boxers in history, farcical.

There are amateur boxers with 3 Olympic gold medals, GGG doesn't even have one, his reported amateur record is false. He was a very good amateur but there have been plenty better
                    I am sure you are right because I don't follow the amateurs that closely. I heard he was one of the best amateurs in history and just repeated what I had heard. If he is only a very good amateur then so be it. My main point to the TS is you don't have the success he had in the amateurs and the pros by being a caveman with only power and limited skills.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      GGG fought Canelo to a draw and a razor close loss in Vegas where the judges are famous for being extremely generous to Canelo. On neutral ground GGG would have won both fights. He is at least as good as Canelo. If GGG couldn't beat the current top middleweights then neither could Canelo. You sound like another long time GGG hater. Brant all ready got his ass kicked by a boxer who is not that good.
                      Well, I was saying a style like Murata would have suited him better than Brant. I said GGG didn't like fighting skilled/good movers because the few times he did, he lost one, one was a draw, and the Jacobs fight could've gone either way, some would argue.

I've read your opinions about the above fights and I respect them. Keep fighting the good fight, bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X