No announcement yet.

Isn't Limey a derogatory term?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
    is the term limeboy derogitory to a britt?
    Yes..........yes it is..............

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      the offensiveness of the term is really up to the brits. if it offends them, it offends them.

the term is not used to describe skin color being like white limestone. common misconception.

the term is used to refer to the lime flavored grog british sailors used to drink. grog is a diluted form of alcohol. it's used to keep drinking water from developing bacteria and algae on long sailing voyages.

you learn something every day.

if you ever need to know anything about anything ever again, just ask. i'm a gifted researcher. strong hands.
      The most important bit is missing: Limes were eaten by sailors at sea for extended periods of time after it was discovered that fresh fruit and vegetables prevented scurvy, which of course occurs when there is a deficiency of vitamin c.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
        The most important bit is missing: Limes were eaten by sailors at sea for extended periods of time after it was discovered that fresh fruit and vegetables prevented scurvy, which of course occurs when there is a deficiency of vitamin c.

lol at you talking to me like i don't know what scurvy is. i'm a f#cking new englander. my father lived on a boat in the summer for 9 years, and sailed all over the atlantic. we invented modernized whaling. i'll toss a harpoon from new bedford into your bedroom and harvest the blubber of that whale you're sleeping with.

Comment

lol at you talking to me like i don't know what scurvy is. i'm a f#cking new englander. my father lived on a boat in the summer for 9 years, and sailed all over the atlantic. we invented modernized whaling. i'll toss a harpoon from new bedford into your bedroom and harvest the blubber of that whale you're sleeping with.

Comment

the offensiveness of the term is really up to the brits. if it offends them, it offends them.

the term is not used to describe skin color being like white limestone. common misconception.

the term is used to refer to the lime flavored grog british sailors used to drink. grog is a diluted form of alcohol. it's used to keep drinking water from developing bacteria and algae on long sailing voyages.

you learn something every day.

if you ever need to know anything about anything ever again, just ask. i'm a gifted researcher. strong hands.
            You are an idiot.

Honestly don't try to make posts that you think will make you look intelligent.

You have jumped on Wikipedia or some **** to try and cobble together a post that looks like you know what you're talking about.

You stand out like a sore thumb trying to pretend you have any knowledge of this subject whatsoever. Go to bed idiot.

You are stupid and uninformed.
            Last edited by Naps; 02-20-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Watch out everyone, he's from New England, and apparently his Dad floated about on the sea for a bit in a boat.

This qualifies him for the garbage he just spewed out.

Comment

Not in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                  You are an idiot.

Honestly don't try to make posts that you think will make you look intelligent.

You have jumped on Wikipedia or some **** to try and cobble together a post that looks like you know what you're talking about.

You stand out like a sore thumb trying to pretend you have any knowledge of this subject whatsoever. Go to bed idiot.

You are stupid and uninformed.
                  damn shots fired!!!!!!

Comment

Yes them limeys are derogatory, you don't want to get near them limeys. You might get some odd illness from them. like" Lime disease".

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                      Yes them limeys are derogatory, you don't want to get near them limeys. You might get some odd illness from them. like" Lime disease".

Comment

Working...
                      X