Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Fighter in History -- Roy Jones Or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roy

roy did far more with the skillset he had than floyd was willing to attempt...

Comment

Floyd although Roy at his peak was an athletic marvel. Floyd is the better boxer. Roy the better athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
        Mayweather is greater but at their absolute prime Roy was better
        Exactly this. I would rather watch Jones any day of the week though.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
          Roy peak was higher
          floyd peak was longer

it's a marathon not a sprint.

I'll edge floyd
          or in other words quantity over quality...hmmm no. so you are saying floyd is greater than leonard cause leonard was only a top fighter for a couple years in reality. hmmm pretty sure leonard has 4 wins better than floyd but leonard lost to norris and camacho when he was old and floyd didn't so floyd "wins" the marathon. pretty sure Leonard wins the fighting and beating better competition portion of boxing. so did jones.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. easily. Middleweight through Heavyweight. Thats more of an accomplishment than Manny or Floyd.

Comment

Roy JJ was better by miles.

Comment

for people saying floyd is a better boxer...based on what? beating weaker competition for longer? that seems to be your argument cause when you look at their best wins....its not close. could floyd ever dominate toney or hopkins? he never even fought guys with those styles so how do we know? does he get fantasy points for not doing it? he should have lost to castillo when he was in his prime. you think a slow predictable fighter like that gets close to beating prime jones? i think you are placing entirely too much emphasis on longevity but where is the quality? boxing is not about averages. basically what you are saying is that vince carter is better than jordan cause vince played longer. stop

Comment

Floyd easily.....ped cheats should not be rewarded.

Comment

Roy had a higher peak and his resume at the top end is better. Floyd has better depth to his resume and was more consistent.

Very close. Its interesting that both were almost tortured as children to get to where they got to. It shows tough love works lol.

I think ultimately Floyd's 0, and versatility to fight past 35 well, will probably mean more people choose him. But I think with Roy in his prime on a good night is basically unbeatable. I think Floyd in the same scenario is more beatable.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. was ko'd end prime. What he did was spectacular, but only in his prime. (And against Jeff Lacy if anyone remembers that one) Floyd is just a diamond on the lists because he broke all the records.

It's efficiency and longevity versus extreme quality in a small isolated period in time.

Comment

Working...
                      X