Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Floyd in ATG p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    The problem with some of the so called historians is they are just as biased as anyone.

Fortunately, there are loads of articles written by real historians who saw both Mayweather ans some of the other legends fight.

The vast majority of those writers give Mayweather the credit he deserves.
    Yes I know. The whole Charley Burley thing. He is placed in some Top 5 lists based solely off a few old articles. God knows who's payroll the writers were on, or what their motivations were. But just like that Burley is a past great. You get people describing his style and ringcraft who've never actually seen him. Madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
      Thanks.

There's always a reek of desperation coming from Floyd fans in threads like this. They're willing to lose all their credibility, dignity and self respect by saying they can make cases for the likes of Castillo and Hatton being ATG's lol. They'll say anything to try and inflate Floyd's record.

There's some classics being writen in this thead that deserve mentions in the ''Funniest boxing comment you've seen or heard'' thread that was posted the other day.
      classics ain't the word....

i ask, in general, didn't mention floyd mind you's, how many high rank atg's have 0 fellow prime atg fighters for wins on their resume...simple question even larry could probably get right...

this fool says hatton, castillo, judah, corrales, marquez, and canelo....

iron dan came with some legit names: Marvin Hagler
      Chavez, Arguello, Monzon, Jofre, Napoles, Louis.

....and this dude...what's his name..kfc....thinks he is the s**t....if this cat didn't lose his credibility, i don't know who does....

lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
        Oscar is definitely a top 100 ATG. Toney is debatable but the best list I've seen compiled has him in the 90 zone.

Yeah, Pacquiao deserves better. Top 35 is fair.
        Neither are but Oscar I'm willing to concede to arguable status.

But Toney? Not even close.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-07-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• What high ranking ATG did Julio Cesar Chavez beat?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            What high ranking ATG did Julio Cesar Chavez beat?
            None that I can think of, so I would put him top 30 around floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              None that I can think of, so I would put him top 30 around floyd
              You're consistent. Props to you.

Comment

I can make the case for Hatton and Corrales, but why bother?

It isn't about them when it comes to this anyway.

It's about trying to deny one of the greatest fighters of this or any other era his proper respect.

Look, I get it.

Y'all don't like Floyd and you never will.

That's fine.

But, your hypocrisy becomes so evident every time you try to apply the same yardstick...so you make up new ones.

Congrats for completing your pats on the back with yourselves.

It still isn't goint to stop Floyd from winding up in the Top 10 a decade from now.

Cheers!

LOL!
                Make the case. It will be hilarious.

Floyd is getting the respect he deserves though. He's an ATG inside the top 30 which is an incredible achievement considering the rich history of the sport which you clearly don't understand. Floyd only lacks a win over a prime great to make a realistic case for him being in the top tier. You're a huge Floyd fanboy with poor knowledge on boxing history so obviously you think he deserves to be placed higher. You believe in the TBE bull**** you've been fed by TMT. You're just another shamelessly brainwashed flo mo who contaminates threads with deluded rants.

I've even read Duran fans admit if Duran didn't have that win over prime Leonard above his natural weight (arguably the greatest single win in boxing history) Then he would not be a top 10 all time great. He'd be up near 20 instead. Prime wins matter when ranking on greatness. Floyd doesn't have one. End of.

No credible historian will have Floyd in the top ten. EVER. He does not belong there. You're having to create a fantasy world where the likes of Hatton and Corrales are ATG's to elevate your boy's resume. It's embarrassing.

Comment

The problem with some of the so called historians is they are just as biased as anyone.

Fortunately, there are loads of articles written by real historians who saw both Mayweather ans some of the other legends fight.

The vast majority of those writers give Mayweather the credit he deserves.
                  Links to the articles writen by these "real historians" that you speak of that are apparently in the ''vast majority'' ?

Please don't bring up Paulie Malignaggi lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Neither are but Oscar I'm willing to concede to arguable status.

But Toney? Not even close.
                    you gotta cut toney some slack dan...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      classics ain't the word....

i ask, in general, didn't mention floyd mind you's, how many high rank atg's have 0 fellow prime atg fighters for wins on their resume...simple question even larry could probably get right...

this fool says hatton, castillo, judah, corrales, marquez, and canelo....

iron dan came with some legit names: Marvin Hagler
                      Chavez, Arguello, Monzon, Jofre, Napoles, Louis.

....and this dude...what's his name..kfc....thinks he is the s**t....if this cat didn't lose his credibility, i don't know who does....

lmao
                      This is what I mean by weak.

You didn't have to mention anyone by name cuz it was clear what you were trying to get at.

Go back and look at where your post fell...right after I gave another poster 12 names that were HOF worthy that Floyd defeated.

I feel I answered the question in the spirit it was given.

IronDan simply gave general examples that totally wrecked your theory and further gave credence to the idea that there are instances where you don't need victories over other ATGs in their prime to be considered great.

Further, IronDan's answer supports the notion that Floyd is an ATG even if he didn't have ANY wins over ATGs in their prime, which I have already shot a hole in anyway.

And BTW, when it comes to folks like yourself, I never worry about what you think about my credibility...that would be like a professor worrying about what a moron thinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X