Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now hear this: Amir Khan is a PAKISTANI Boxing star. Not British.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manimgoindown View Post
    As an Ameircan of South Asian background I find it hilarious that Europeans see Muslims/Asians as lower class. Do you realize the EXACT same groups of Asians, Muslims, Eastern Europeans as socially economically educationally ahead of traditional white anglo-saxon groups here in the US? So if the same people here are more succssful, the problem might not have to do with people/religion/ethnicity as much as it has to do with your poor IMMIGRATION LAW.

Oh and why do so many European countries take in immigrants? Their good will right? My ass. They have some of the lowest birthrates and weakest family structures in the world. Their economies depend on immigration in a time that blatant colonialism and aggression isn't accepted. Not to mention...you ****ed 90% of the countries these people come from, only when they come to your country to work and pay taxes they are 'immigrants' but when you lot go over to Dubai/Kuwait/HK and earned untaxed income you are 'expats.' What a doublestandard.

Even our immigrants are better. America is just great. It burns the Euro's heart to see humble Americans outscoring them in every single facet of life.

FACTS:
    Arab Americans most educated group (post high school and bacc retention) until 2003, replaced by Persian Americans
    50% of US doctors from Pakistan India Bangladesh Egypt
    South Asian Americans single richest minority

American Rythm Beats Euro Brit Glass
    #Dealwitit

And come to think about it....how many of the greatest British atheletes in modern times are white and English? Farah Khan Hamed Chisora Haye Calzaghe Froch? Don't seem like very English names or people to me. Benn and Eubank especially the former were never appreciated in their primes. Frankly these guys should appreciate the fact they aren't appreciated. Go to a Hatton match and all you see are loud fat beer bellied Brits drunk out of their mind. And these people have the audacity to say Americans don't have culture

Interesting post. The difference with Muslims in the UK is that they predominantly come from extremely backward parts of Pakistan and Bangladesh. In doing so, They import their tribal practises over: forceable veiling of women, honour killings, genital mutilation, forced/incestuous marriages. It's these type who will never truly adapt and integrate into society.

Compare that with the largest groups of Muslims in the US. I think that's the Iranians in the state of California. They are a highly educated and distinguished group of people. If anything they want to escape theocracy, not embrace it.

In India, a lot of the Indian Muslims consider themselves Indian first and then Muslim way down the line.

Comment

• Dick Buffman can keep bumping this old thread. I won't matter if Khan keeps getting knocked out.

Comment

• I wish Khan had the minerals to fight Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by freethinkersam View Post
          To really understand British Racism, we must accept its historical roots: 400-years of conquest and looting, four centuries of being told that you are superior to fellow darker-skinned human beings, you can be sure that the stains have been left.

The loutish, laddish yobs if England come from the not even the working class, but what was once referred to as the Residuum; the underclass. They have little or no education - they are incurious, unintelligent, inarticulate, and extremely uncultured.

I think I can say with certainty that there are people in England who will not, or cannot support Amir Khan because he is (1) Pakistani, and (2) Muslim.

But there's also those who dislike him because he has appeared ****y in what could be argued to be a manufactured, easy-route career.

BUT, if Amir Khan is NOT British because his grandparents are from Pakistan, I'm not sure how Froch is when his grandparents are from Poland. And by the same analogy, how is Barack Obama even American?

Just my thoughts.
          I'd say that's true. I've lived in the UK for a little while now, and never been racially abused. That's definitely not the case for the Asians I work with even though many of them were born in England. It's not just whites that do it either, the black Brits do it too yet there is very little racism between blacks and whites.

Having said that, the Asian communities do seem very insular and unwilling to adopt many British customs or traditions so they're not really helping themselves much either. The way I see it, if you actually ain't from where you live then you have to adapt to the differences in cultures, out of courtesy to your hosts if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
          X