Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Wilder deserve 40% vs AJ, if his career high is $2,1 million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    dont bother

these guys will say anything to excuse anthony "restraining order" joshua

"we dont want you in our ring"

"wilder could have been here tonight but he didnt come ...they dont want the fight..theyve never approached us"

LOL....what a clownshow hearn is
    Anyone who ignore the fact that Wilder is Joshua ‘s biggest payday untill now...is not honest or objective!!!!

Eddie the weazel is a joke. Raise Wilder’s profile by fighting Whyte. A local name.

To even suggest that is blasphemous to the true fans!!
    Last edited by CaineP; 04-01-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaineP View Post
      I understand but i disgagree.
      I an not interested in who gets what. Just want ro see the fight.

But we have to stop acting like Wilder is a nobody.

I said this...If Parker got 40%.
      Or say 35%, then the other Champion, from a potentially bigger / larger market should be on a premium vis a vis Parker. You cant deny that!!!

I dont think wilders a nobody, i just dont think he commands what he thinks based solely on the virtue of being an american WBC champion.

I dont doubt that Wilder will get 40%.. i think that's the figure itll ultimately settle on. I just dont think he deserves it.. the same way in a fiscal or business sense, martin didnt deserve 5 million and parker didnt deserve 30-35%.

But coming from a bigger market means nothing when you dont command that market. Thats the same as having AJ fight some nobody from India, with the largest market available... it wouldnt do the figures though because the person doesnt draw there.

Stating that someone from the USA commands a figure purely based on the fact they're from the USA means nothing when that fighter has no proven ability to draw any significant market or finance from the USA. Thats just the truth..

Comment

Anyone who ignore the fact that Wilder is Joshua ‘s biggest payday untill now...is not honest or objective!!!!

Eddie the weazel is a joke. Raise Wilder’s profile by fighting Whyte. A local name.

To even suggest that is blasphemous to the true fans!!
        Take your last sentence and then reflect on how obtuse you are.

Do you really think "true fans".. lets call them HARDCORES.. represent the majority of the buying market?

I'll let you in on a secret, they are very much the minority.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          Take your last sentence and then reflect on how obtuse you are.

Do you really think "true fans".. lets call them HARDCORES.. represent the majority of the buying market?

I'll let you in on a secret, they are very much the minority.
          TRUE.... but to even the non hardcore fans. NO one knows Whyte. And eddie always act like no one in the uk knows wilder. Remember aj vs takam. When they asked about wilder and he dodged the question.

The crowd was booeing.
          aj’s name has been synonymous with Wilder’s name since Klitschko. Everytime people mention aj, wilder’s name pops up.

I think the uk fans know him enough to make this fight happen.

Dude..75K people came to watch Takam.
          Last edited by CaineP; 04-01-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

TRUE.... but to even the non hardcore fans. NO one knows Whyte. And eddie always act like no one in the uk knows wilder. Remember aj vs takam. When they asked about wilder and he dodged the question.

The crowns was booeing.
            aj’s name has been synonymous with Wilder’s name since Klitschko. Everytime people mention aj, wilder’s name pops up.

I think the uk fans know his enough to make this fight happen.

Dude..75K people came to watch Takam.
            nobody knows whyte yet he averaged 400k on his debut on US TV in the afternoon on the lesser watched HBO in terms of boxing viewership.

That is fact, so if thats true in the US are you trying to suggest that he has no fans in the UK? he headlined the show against lucas browne and sold out ticket allocation for the fight and did very good numbers on fight night on sky for it.

Now.. if you want to suggest Whyte isnt as known globally than wilder, then I'll give you that.. and Im not suggesting that wilder vs AJ shouldnt be next because it absolutely should..

HOWEVER.... would fighting dillian whyte make Wilder more prominent to the casual fan base.. yeah. Is it necessary? No not at all and that i absolutely agree with you on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mimms View Post
              Well, in order for the fight to get made there is a business side to it.
              Yes, that is the nature of the business.

Looking at it logically then, Wilder deserves at least what Parker got in terms of %?

I also think that Wilders suggestion that, in the event of Joshua losing and wanting a rematch, that whatever Wilder accepts for first fight Joshua takes for the return.

Comment

CHALLENGER?
                He is a champ!!!
                Best challenger for Joshua, Yes!

As Joshua would be for Wilder

Comment

• It's clear as day that at the time the OP wrote this post...he had no idea how a fight is built.

Comment

• Because he's a world champion with more defenses and a longer reign than Joshua. Any less than 40% of the pot is no-go.

Comment

• How can you guys not grasp the concept that it takes two to tangle.

aj vs wilder is a product that will sell great.

aj vs whoever is a product that will sell what it sells.

wilder vs whoever is a product that will sell what it sells.

Comment

Working...
                      X