No announcement yet.

2005 Floyd Mayweather vs. 2018 Erroll Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    a huge pressure fighter who fights southpaw...yeah thats not happening. this floyd got pushed around by lil hatton and lit up like a christmas tree vs judah. combine them both and he's ko'd but dont worry he would never take the fight so hes safe
    31k posts and still DON'T KNOW SHIT about BOXING.

delete your account!

Floyd wins.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      1. I never said Pretty Boy Floyd was better than Money May. Zab didnt fight Pretty Boy either. He fought a smaller, skinny version of Money May.

2. The convo was could Spence beat the Floyd who faced Zab, which he could, and would with little effort. Not because of the talent, but because of the sheer size, and force. Floyd wasnt built for credible ww's back then. He was too small.

3. Money May is a grown man, allot stronger, and dominating big men. The Floyd who faced Zab cannot beat Canelo at all.

3. Pretty Boy is the guy who beat the snot out of everyone at the lower weights. Money May is the grown, economical version of Floyd who goes the entire fight without getting grazed. But before Money May was introduced, you had this version of Floyd who was jumping up in weight, and still talented, but a shell of what he once was. And ultimately, far too small for someone like Spence. Its a mismatch.
      You're acting as if Floyd got bigger and stronger in his 30s lol. The Floyd who fought Canelo is NOT physically bigger and/or stronger than the Floyd who fought Zab.
      Plus we're talking about 2005 Floyd Mayweather whereas the Zab fight was in 2006 so try to keep up.

I do agree that Money Mayweather is a more calculating fighter than Pretty Boy Floyd but I think Pretty Boy Floyd's foot speed and hand speed and punching accuracy would give him the edge over Spence. There is no way Spence beats a 28 year old Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
        No match.

We love to think of hypothetical fights against Floyd and say "well, he would...." No! None of them would have done anything. Above Floyd's insane skill, he was extremely intelligent. No fighter could make these move on him twice in the same fight without him figuring it out. So how would Spence cope?

We should never forget how basic these guys and the whole p4p ranking looked compared to Floyd and Pac when they were hot, even up to 2014.

The only person who can be discussed with them skill for skill is Loma. No other person comes close.

Before Ward, Kovalev was insanely HOT! No one could bet against him until SMW Ward came in and showed how human Kovalev is and beatable, even wobble him near KO. Smh. These guys were beyond it for this generation at least.
        lol castillo whooped a prime gayweather jr. no fighter is untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          You're acting as if Floyd got bigger and stronger in his 30s lol. The Floyd who fought Canelo is NOT physically bigger and/or stronger than the Floyd who fought Zab.
          Plus we're talking about 2005 Floyd Mayweather whereas the Zab fight was in 2006 so try to keep up.

I do agree that Money Mayweather is a more calculating fighter than Pretty Boy Floyd but I think Pretty Boy Floyd's foot speed and hand speed and punching accuracy would give him the edge over Spence. There is no way Spence beats a 28 year old Floyd.
          Floyd 100% got bigger and stronger in his 30's. That was my point. The Floyd who walked down Canelo without getting touched, is not a 130lb fighter jumping up in weight. He is a grown man and way bigger and stronger.

The Floyd who faced Zab, is a little bitty dude who would get killed by Canelo and Spence both.

And I dont know if you have a problem recieving the information or what, but you ignored this here;

3. Pretty Boy is the guy who beat the snot out of everyone at the lower weights. Money May is the grown, economical version of Floyd who goes the entire fight without getting grazed. But before Money May was introduced, you had this version of Floyd who was jumping up in weight, and still talented, but a shell of what he once was. And ultimately, far too small for someone like Spence. Its a mismatch.

I never said "Pretty boy will lose to Spence" Pretty Boy was gone from the Zab fight to the Hatton fight. Their was no footwork or anything. He was sloppy, and scrawny.

I spoke about what Floyd was BETWEEN PBF, and Money May.

Comment

Floyd 100% got bigger and stronger in his 30's. That was my point. The Floyd who walked down Canelo without getting touched, is not a 130lb fighter jumping up in weight. He is a grown man and way bigger and stronger.

The Floyd who faced Zab, is a little bitty dude who would get killed by Canelo and Spence both.

And I dont know if you have a problem recieving the information or what, but you ignored this here;

I never said "Pretty boy will lose to Spence" Pretty Boy was gone from the Zab fight to the Hatton fight. Their was no footwork or anything. He was sloppy, and scrawny.

I spoke about what Floyd was BETWEEN PBF, and Money May.
            I think you have trouble receiving information. We're not asking about the Floyd who fought Zab, that fight was in 2006. We're talking about the Floyd of 2005. If you really believe Floyd got bigger and stronger in his 30s when most athletes are slowing down and testosterone levels drop you are delusional. Floyd after 30 only had 3 knockouts and one being a sucker punch. Floyd before 30 had 24 knockouts and even stopped his first opponent at 147.

Yes, Floyd was more economical in his 30s but that's because his body had broken down, Floyd has said that himself many times. Floyd Jr. and Floyd Sr. both agree that Pretty Boy Floyd was a better fighter than Money May.

Comment

I think you have trouble receiving information. We're not asking about the Floyd who fought Zab, that fight was in 2006. We're talking about the Floyd of 2005. If you really believe Floyd got bigger and stronger in his 30s when most athletes are slowing down and testosterone levels drop you are delusional. Floyd after 30 only had 3 knockouts and one being a sucker punch. Floyd before 30 had 24 knockouts and even stopped his first opponent at 147.

Yes, Floyd was more economical in his 30s but that's because his body had broken down, Floyd has said that himself many times. Floyd Jr. and Floyd Sr. both agree that Pretty Boy Floyd was a better fighter than Money May.
              Lol fam I just accused you of having problems receiving the information, and opposed to admitting that you were indeed having those problems, you tried to be slick and throw it back at me...

Yes! 100% Floyd got bigger. He was a grown man, he wasnt a scrawny little kid anymore. I never said nothing about "slowing down in his 30's" I said GREW INTO A MAN.

I dont care about how many knockouts he had at that age. I said he got bigger and was more of a grown man, which is fact. The Floyd who faced Zab is not going to walk down no damnn Canelo, or back him up.

And since you keep saying this nonsense about "Pretty boy vs Money May" I have to copy and paste this part.

"And I dont know if you have a problem receiving the information or what, but you ignored this here;

I spoke about what Floyd was BETWEEN PBF, and Money May."

Read it slower and take it in a bit before you reply homie.

Comment

Lol fam I just accused you of having problems receiving the information, and opposed to admitting that you were indeed having those problems, you tried to be slick and throw it back at me...

Yes! 100% Floyd got bigger. He was a grown man, he wasnt a scrawny little kid anymore. I never said nothing about "slowing down in his 30's" I said GREW INTO A MAN.

I dont care about how many knockouts he had at that age. I said he got bigger and was more of a grown man, which is fact. The Floyd who faced Zab is not going to walk down no damnn Canelo, or back him up.

And since you keep saying this nonsense about "Pretty boy vs Money May" I have to copy and paste this part.

"And I dont know if you have a problem receiving the information or what, but you ignored this here;

I spoke about what Floyd was BETWEEN PBF, and Money May."

Read it slower and take it in a bit before you reply homie.
                I think you need to learn how to read and properly absorb information better. The thread starter was talking about 2005 Floyd Mayweather. Why the hell are you bringing up Zab when that fight was in 2006?
                Remember we're talking about 2005 Floyd NOT the 2006 Floyd you keep mentioning. I don't understand why that is so hard for you to understand.

Floyd was never able to fight at peak physical condition over 150. Everytime he weighed in at over 150 he looked slow and sloppy. He has to be at 150 and under in order to be in peak physical condition. If you think Spence beats that version of Floyd I don't know what anyone can say to convince you otherwise. Floyd even says he was a better fighter at that age.

Comment

I think you need to learn how to read and properly absorb information better. The thread starter was talking about 2005 Floyd Mayweather. Why the hell are you bringing up Zab when that fight was in 2006?
                  Remember we're talking about 2005 Floyd NOT the 2006 Floyd you keep mentioning. I don't understand why that is so hard for you to understand.

Floyd was never able to fight at peak physical condition over 150. Everytime he weighed in at over 150 he looked slow and sloppy. He has to be at 150 and under in order to be in peak physical condition. If you think Spence beats that version of Floyd I don't know what anyone can say to convince you otherwise. Floyd even says he was a better fighter at that age.
                  Floyd has never fought over 150 fam. He weighed in over that, when he faced Cotto. He weighed 152 for that fight, and that fight only. He came in the ring at 150. He has never came in the ring above 150.

Floyd was excellent from the JMM fight, to the Canelo fight. From 33 to 37. His conditioning was excellent. He didnt slow down until he faced Chino in the first fight.

And forget the thread title. You and me had a full convo about Floyd vs Judah. In which I said that version of Floyd is not beating spence.

And I like the way you ignored everything else I said. Ducking and dodging.

Comment

Floyd has never fought over 150 fam. He weighed in over that, when he faced Cotto. He weighed 152 for that fight, and that fight only. He came in the ring at 150. He has never came in the ring above 150.

Floyd was excellent from the JMM fight, to the Canelo fight. From 33 to 37. His conditioning was excellent. He didnt slow down until he faced Chino in the first fight.

And forget the thread title. You and me had a full convo about Floyd vs Judah. In which I said that version of Floyd is not beating spence.

And I like the way you ignored everything else I said. Ducking and dodging.
                    How do you know for sure that he never fought at over 150? There were a lot of fights where Floyd did not weigh in on fight night. He weighed 150 for De La Hoya and 152 for Cotto but I can be almost positive that he was over 150 in both of those fights because of how slow and sluggish he looked in both those fights.

You say Floyd was excellent from 32 to 37 but did you forget that that the Cotto fight was at 35? Right in between the point you say Floyd was at his best. And it was one of his worst performances.

No one was talking about Judah so why bring him up? We're talking about 2005 Floyd Mayweather fighting 2018 Spence, stick with the topic man. If you honestly think peak Pretty Boy Floyd loses to Spence of today I don't know what else there really is to say.

Comment

How do you know for sure that he never fought at over 150? There were a lot of fights where Floyd did not weigh in on fight night. He weighed 150 for De La Hoya and 152 for Cotto but I can be almost positive that he was over 150 in both of those fights because of how slow and sluggish he looked in both those fights.

You say Floyd was excellent from 32 to 37 but did you forget that that the Cotto fight was at 35? Right in between the point you say Floyd was at his best. And it was one of his worst performances.

No one was talking about Judah so why bring him up? We're talking about 2005 Floyd Mayweather fighting 2018 Spence, stick with the topic man. If you honestly think peak Pretty Boy Floyd loses to Spence of today I don't know what else there really is to say.
                      Because the fights where Floyd spoke on his weight, the highest he has ever been has been 150lb genius. The highest he has ever weighed in, was 152, for the Cotto fight.

Floyd was overtrained for the Cotto fight. Leading up to the fight, his whole team said it over and over again, that he was going to potentially peek too soon. The first day of camp for the Ghost fight, Floyd Sr said he noticed Floyd training too much. His exact words were "Your 36, not 26....You need to train less, let your body heal, and then you will see results"

You also ignore that he faced Canelo at 150lbs, and humiliated him.

YOU were talking about Judah. I dont know why you brought him up, you have to ask yourself that. Spence beats the snot out of the Floyd who faced Judah.

Again, you ducked and dodged everything else I said.

Comment

Working...
                      X