WWE signs billion dollar deal with FOX. UFC signs $1.5 bil deal with ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
    yah coz it wasnt corny before lmao
    😂😂Fair point. I enjoyed it when I was a kid though, it was little edgier when guys like Stone Clold were the top stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yep. That's why I was mentioning promoter working together on a deal. None of them can do it alone but we see the possibility if they worked together. There will never be one promoter in boxing. Seems like there's more money out there if the top all worked together on one deal
      There’s definitely more money out there that way. Networks want the full package not just a specific section of it, if by some miracle everyone worked together and all the top names were under one banner, boxing world get a hell of deal off anyone. As an industry boxing is worth way more than UFC, WWE etc but it’s such a competitive market.

Unfortunately you’ll never get everyone working together in boxing, with all the divisions between promoters, managers, networks etc.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
        WWE is not a sport . It's redneck entertainment.
        Redneck? Lot of Hispanics and blacks watch it

Comment

WWE showing boxing that what once was dead can be re-born.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            vince mcmahon still showing that he can be a genius when he wants to.....
            He’s a genius no doubt. He took a minor company from his dad that barely sold out convention centers on the east coast and made it into a international billion dollar company.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              it IS a sport.... just with predetermined finishes to bouts
              Err, it's not a sport .
              Do you know how it became WWE ?
              McMahon admitted to the California sports commission , the bouts are all fixed. So, it's not a contest and he did not want to pay sanctioning fees .

This is so laughable . I remember Captain Lou Albano on tv being asked why there is no betting line in Las Vegas for their "matches". He just mumbled more bullsh8.
              That was when rustlin fans would fight you if you told them rustlin was fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
                Implying that doesn't already exist?

You can't fake the slams they take, its a very physical thing that they do which requires a lot of technique to it a lot more than you understand.
                WWE/F was and has been big for a long time, its harmless fun better to watch that than the odd time in a boxing event where you have a guy running away from a fight putting on a boring 12 round snoozer.
                HUH???
                All those "matches" are written and rehearsed . The endings are all pre-determined. Fkk, even the refs know that .

Body slams are all fake . The dude getting slammed isn't fighting it . He is supposed to get slammed .

Sure, it's more exciting when two dudes or more are faking fights for you. I get that.

Rustlin' used to be on late night tv only. Then Cyndi Lauper happened. Then steroids and soft ****.
                My uncle and cousins used to argue it was real. lol

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Look out Dana wants in boxing also.
                  Dana won’t do **** IMO. The Arums of this world will chew him up and spit him out. It’s reminiscent of the whole Rocnation debacle. Good luck to him though.

He should just stick to MMA, he’s done incredible things in that field. I think his eyes were opened by Floyd-Conor as to how much more money there is in boxing compared to MMA so he wants in. But it’s very hard to actually “get in” just ask Jay Z😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    But it does have a large redneck following. I keep track of the local boxing shows in the tri state area. I'll attend them if they aren't to far. This is a list of shows for boxing, wrestling and MMA in Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                      word..... wrestling.... in hispanic countries (mexico, PR even south america) is VERY BIG

Comment

Working...
                      X