No announcement yet.

Black Unemployment see highest increase in years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Ok this is my point. Black unemployment was trending down with the nation's unemployment. Matter of fact under Obama black unemployment was cut in half. So as black unemployment continued to trend down with the rest of the nation and it hit a record low under Trump (even though Trump put no policies in place to target black unemployment) that means the rate would've continued to go down no matter who was in office, right?

Mind you. One of my complaints about Obama was he had policies targeting every special interest group but never had policies aimed at us. So even though black unemployment fell by half under him it fell by half because it was following the trend of the overall economy because Obama didn't put any policies in place to target black unemployment

So it's sill and stupid for Trump to take credit for something that was the trend anyway but not take the blame when the trend goes the other way.

It's just stupid in general to take sole credit EVERY MONTH for numbers that are as fluid as unemployment and the stock market. Numbers like that are up and down every month.
    This was the point I made earlier. The president does not put in place a program for any particular race or ethnicity of people. Everyone generally falls into the trend of course and it's up to the individual to try make his destiny happen. It's always been that way.

One thing that pretty much everyone agrees on regardless who they voted for is that the economic trend since Trump took office has been very good and everyone has bettered from the benefits of that...but nobody ever comes knocking at your door with a job offer unless you are a known expert in your field. So.....

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      This was the point I made earlier. The president does not put in place a program for any particular race or ethnicity of people. Everyone generally falls into the trend of course and it's up to the individual to try make his destiny happen. It's always been that way.

One thing that pretty much everyone agrees on regardless who they voted for is that the economic trend since Trump took office has been very good and everyone has bettered from the benefits of that...but nobody ever comes knocking at your door with a job offer unless you are a known expert in your field. So.....
      Can you erase that black history thread for me please.

Comment

I'm sitting here scratching my head and wondering where you got that question from and how it relates to my post you are quoting

I honestly don't see how if unemployment is at a 17 year low Trump gets blamed for blacks not falling in line with that trend. Did he legislate a no hire for blacks law or something?

Maybe you tell me because I don't know...what did Trump do that caused an increase in black unemployment? And what should he have done specifically for that cause and what did Obama do?
        Trump is not a president.

He is a god.

He rules over all black and brown people.

He leaves whites alone.

Comment

Shoutout to black people for proving him wrong

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

Good one!

Comment

People actually seem to believe that the unemployment rate moves up and down based on whether people want a job or not.

Comment

Can you erase that black history thread for me please.
                  WOW...I'm surprised but if it's what you want I will. i think you were doing a good job with it TBH. Some who like to have fun did so with it...(myself included) you know how the lounge is...but you posted some insightful info for people to read and I give you credit for doing so. I've kept an eye on it and deleted a few posts to keep it from not turning sour and will continue to do so. Do you want a little time to think about it? I can always re-up it if you change your mind. Just confirm again what you want.

BTW...if you go to edit/"GO ADVANCED" and delete you initial post...that will delete the thread for you. You can delete any thread you start yourself if you want to.
                  Last edited by jaded; 02-02-2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

WOW...I'm surprised but if it's what you want I will. Do you want a little time to think about it? I can always re-up it if you change your mind. Just confirm again what you want.

BTW...if you go to edit/"GO ADVANCED" and delete you initial post...that will delete the thread for you. You can delete any thread you start yourself if you want to.
                    Ok I'll do it. I didn't know I can delete my own threads

Comment

Ok I'll do it. I didn't know I can delete my own threads
                      Hey before you do...I edited my post. Have a read before doing so.

Comment

Working...
                      X