Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fight is the Best to close Mayweathers Magnificent Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted Alvarez because I think Alvarez will beat him and I would like to see him lose. I think Floyd is a great fighter but not the greatest of all time. If he wanted a fight that would do the most for his legacy it would be to fight Martinez at 160 pounds for the middleweight tittle. Of course it would only help his legacy if he won that fight and I think he would lose to Martinez. If he fights at 147 he could remain undefeated so that's probably what he should do.

Comment

martinez for sure. 160 or 154. 160 would be much better of course, but 154 is more than enough

Comment

I always said MW Champion Sergio Martinez but like WW Champion Shane Mosley, people will cry (after the fact) that Martinez was 187 years old and nearly half dead and too this or too that.

Which just goes to show you that no matter who Floyd fights, if he wins, the fighter he fought just wasn't good enough and that Floyd cherry picked him. Until he loses, apparently nobody is good enough. So I don’t think it really matters, yet I personally would like him to move up once more to MW and attempt to fight for that belt and call it a day.

Comment

If he wants GOAT status then Canelo Martinez Pac in whatever order doesn't matter who's last get a W against those and retire nobody can say shit about ducking ever again.

Comment

He has wasted the opportunity for legacy fights during this 'comeback'. Canelo is supposed to be the next big star in boxing, so if he can fight and beat him and then retire it wouldnt do him any harm. No point in fights like Guerrero or Bradley, horrible to even think about.

Comment

Sergio Martinez no doubt about it.

But we all know that won't happen, he will cherry pick two easy wins and retire.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                This will be Floyds last year boxing He will fight Guerrero in May to defend his WBC title at 147,then fight Canelo in September for the Wbc title at 154 then retire at 37 and i don't blame him at all
                He'll be 35 at the end of the year. I'd expect an ardent Mayweather fan to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  I always said MW Champion Sergio Martinez but like WW Champion Shane Mosley, people will cry (after the fact) that Martinez was 187 years old and nearly half dead and too this or too that.

Which just goes to show you that no matter who Floyd fights, if he wins, the fighter he fought just wasn't good enough and that Floyd cherry picked him. Until he loses, apparently nobody is good enough. So I don’t think it really matters, yet I personally would like him to move up once more to MW and attempt to fight for that belt and call it a day.
                  Your just making up excuses, nobody would criticize Mayweather for fighting Martinez (They're about the same age). What are people gonna say, Floyd's ducking Guerrero?
                  Last edited by BafanaBafana; 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    Your just making up excuses, nobody would criticize Mayweather for fighting Martinez (They're about the same age). What are people gonna say, Floyd's ducking Guerrero?
                    I take it you haven't followed Mayweather's career very long. No hate if you haven't but just sayin'.

Comment

if pac can bounce back against jmm, it's still pacquiao. otherwise, that ship has sailed. he will never fight martinez, and a canelo win doesn't push his status up that much.

Comment

Working...
                      X