Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev future p4p number 1 after Floyd Pac and Wlad retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    Imo he has one of the best resumes and is krushing everything in his path, he will likely be ducked by Ward and will Krush Stevenson who is getting up there in years...

Kovalev doesn't beat Andre Ward, even if he were to walk into the ring at 200 pounds (and Duva doesn't risk her entire company's future with the Stevenson fighter, ever).

49-year old Bernard Hopkins was able to go a hard 12 rounds with Kovalev, go balls to the wall in the twelth, and still stand tall for the scorecards (losing a wide decision), all while not having the legs/energy to really give himself the best shot.

Ward has most of Hopkins trips and traps, yet still has the ability and legs/energy to push the pace on Kovalev for the full twelve rounds (need to watch more Kovalev fights, but, like Golovkin, he doesn't look all that impressive to me when he isn't afforded the space to get his shots off from range).

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Imo he has one of the best resumes and is krushing everything in his path, he will likely be ducked by Ward and will Krush Stevenson who is getting up there in years...

IMHO Kovalev hasn't proven yet that he is unbeatable at 175. His best wins are Hopkins and Pascal who aren't natural lightheavyweights. He has more serious challenge in Stevenson, Beterbiev and Ward, so now I can't say how he will take them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Does him being a racist affect his P4P status?
        Hasn't prevented folks here from penalizing Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Hasn't prevented folks here from penalizing Floyd.
          Floyd is widely regarded as the best in the world and has been for a number of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
            i believe kovalev has a chance to be fighter of this decade if he continues to fight and win. i strongly believe this. exciting fighter with very strong power and a strong and growing resume.

- hopkins
            - pascal
            - cleverley
            - campillo

IBF, WBA super, WBO champ etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Kovalev doesn't beat Andre Ward, even if he were to walk into the ring at 200 pounds (and Duva doesn't risk her entire company's future with the Stevenson fighter, ever).

49-year old Bernard Hopkins was able to go a hard 12 rounds with Kovalev, go balls to the wall in the twelth, and still stand tall for the scorecards (losing a wide decision), all while not having the legs/energy to really give himself the best shot.

Ward has most of Hopkins trips and traps, yet still has the ability and legs/energy to push the pace on Kovalev for the full twelve rounds (need to watch more Kovalev fights, but, like Golovkin, he doesn't look all that impressive to me when he isn't afforded the space to get his shots off from range).

I used to stick up for ward so much but the guy hasnt done **** in years. Hes got all the tools but wont fight anybody. I'll worry about him if that actually gets signed, which I dont think it ever will.

Beyond that, Kovalev is up there for resumes. Canelo is going to be around for a long time too, hes young and taking on the best out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                Are we gannna pretend that kov not a racist? Or that doesnt matyer because he was talking about Stevenson?
                it doesnt matter because its only stevenson

Comment

u must have bee high when u wrote this garb?

Comment

how can he be p4p number one when hes pulling out of purse bids to see whos the best at 175?

Comment

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
                      Yes.
                      Racist is a person who talks bad about all race. And Kovalev has black trainer, also he has always shown much respect for Hopkins, who is also black.
                      u see in america we make fun of the im not racist i have black friends excuse lol

Comment

Working...
                      X