Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard says to overcome Mayweather shoulder roll, hit the shoulder..you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the key is intelligent agression a massively high work rate great chin good hand speed and decent defense. And also you just gotta beat on him, his arms his hips if he holds his hand out pop him in the middle of his arm where the elbow is. You've just got to take him out of his game plan with constant pressure otherwise he'll adapt.

It might be kinda dirty but that's boxing sometimes. every fighter has a dirty trick they do

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      i hope he pulls that high guard with Guerrero...he is a Spaw and like to tuck in and throw uppercuts and looping shots.

He'll kick the **** out of Guerrero and after the fight you will just *****, downplay Guerrero's abilities and not give mayweather credit.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
        I think the key is intelligent agression a massively high work rate great chin good hand speed and decent defense. And also you just gotta beat on him, his arms his hips if he holds his hand out pop him in the middle of his arm where the elbow is. You've just got to take him out of his game plan with constant pressure otherwise he'll adapt.

It might be kinda dirty but that's boxing sometimes. every fighter has a dirty trick they do

Or you could just have a good jab. That seems so much easier than trying to throw 100 punches a round and trying to hit his arms until they fall and walking him down and all of that.

I dont think pressure is the right style to beat him at all. You look at Hatton and Ortiz and they were pretty ineffective, throwing a lot of shots and missing a lot of them, Floyd is too agile on the inside. People always talk about Castillo I but Floyd had a legit injury, had should surgery after that fight and won the 2nd fight easily. If you look at what has bothered floyd consistently its been a good jab and solid defense and he lost the rounds fighting on the outside.

People talk about a larger lesser skilled fighter using pressure to beat floyd well that is Ortiz to a T. He had 14 pounds on mayweather on fight night, hes a southpaw and his handspeed is good but he was entirely ineffective with his pressure and was missing wildly.
        Last edited by elfag; 01-15-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

floyd is gonna crush guerrero

Comment

Have great footwork, feint well, center of ring, use angles. The opponent should be well-rounded and attack with a mix of shots, going to the body, throwing him out of his rhythm and wearing him down.

Leonard, Hearns, Hagler were all bigger than Floyd, longer reach, and a lot more skilled than those Mayweather has fought. A fairer fight would've been to match them against Roy Jones Jr, because they would've killed Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              He'll kick the **** out of Guerrero and after the fight you will just *****, downplay Guerrero's abilities and not give mayweather credit.
              I wont down play Guerrero. Im picking him to win this fight. I think hes got what it takes to pull off the upset. If guererro can mentally show up to this fight...it will be a long night for Floyd! If any credit is given its to Guerrero for moving up two divisions and having two good fights and then getting the shot everyone wants. Giving Floyd credit....why should i? Everyone is pissed about this match up. Feels Floyd should always be fighting another REAL threat. Im with the rest of the boxing world...Canelo And sergio....even Manny...fight them and earn respect. If anyone deserves respect for this fight its Guererro. And im on th Guererro wagon all the way. win or lose! F`ck Floyd!

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Then you would injure his shoulder and his fans would cry "Floyd had an injured shoulder! it don't count"
                hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Or you could just have a good jab. That seems so much easier than trying to throw 100 punches a round and trying to hit his arms until they fall and walking him down and all of that.
                  I was pretty high when I wrote that. But yeah what you said could work to but just a jab alone won't do it.

Comment

Yeah but he's a lot more than that. His defense most of the time is just simply "holding his hands up", using lateral and backward movement, and good knowledge of angles("If I'm standing here what punches can they use and what can I see").

I don't see where people get the impression that he comes out in that stance the entire time, also if he's getting pounded in the shoulder one of the smartest fighters in the game won't adjust his gameplan and will just keep getting pounded in the shoulder in the philly shell stance

Comment

well then I hope ghost makes floyd's shoulder look like berto's face.

Comment

Working...
                      X