No announcement yet.

Lou DiBELLA Sides With Dana WHITE Against Bob ARUM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Dibella is the biggest hypocrite out of all the boxing promoters. He's just mad that he doesn't have the biggest piece of the cake and if he did, he'd be much worse than Arum I bet. Look how protected he had Berto and now Martinez.
    How you try to protect a fighter by putting him against a version of Paul Williams who was still feared?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      How you try to protect a fighter by putting him against a version of Paul Williams who was still feared?
      You just ain't getting me either. DiBella is doing the same thing Arum is doing in milking the product. In reality what did Berto and Martinez do after getting the belt in their division? Not a damn thing really. That's just how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        He's right.

Bob Arum doesn't care about the sport of boxing, and he doesn't look after the well-being of his fighters either. He's only interested in making money. He's getting old, he obviously won't be able to spend it, but he's just a greedy, selfish man.

It was a smart move by Floyd Mayweather to break away from Bob Arum's control. Manny Paquiao is being badly exploited by Arum.
        WTF? Did someone hijack your account? This must be the smartest thing post i have ever read from you or whoever hijack your account..

Comment

He didn't end up fighting him though. All he did before and after was get a gift belt and fight nothing but 140 pounders.

What is Martinez doing now? Exactly! All he's doing is talking and calling out guys 2 divisions lower. There are some champions on his division(160).
          Wait. You're blaming DiBella/Berto for an earthquake?

Secondly... yeah, there ARE champions in Martinez weight class. And he has been BEGGING one of them for a fight. And Arum is doing whatever he can to make sure that doesn't happen.

You guys act like Martinez has NOT been begging for a shot at the WBC title.

Comment

You just ain't getting me either. DiBella is doing the same thing Arum is doing in milking the product. In reality what did Berto and Martinez do after getting the belt in their division? Not a damn thing really. That's just how I see it.
            Did Berto try to fight Mosley when Mosley was on top?

Did Berto try to fight Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              He's right.

Bob Arum doesn't care about the sport of boxing, and he doesn't look after the well-being of his fighters either. He's only interested in making money. He's getting old, he obviously won't be able to spend it, but he's just a greedy, selfish man.

It was a smart move by Floyd Mayweather to break away from Bob Arum's control. Manny Paquiao is being badly exploited by Arum.
              Bob Arum pays his fighters 10x more than what Dana White pays his.

If you want to see fighters get ripped off financially, look at MMA.

They give their top dogs $250,000 - 500,000 a fight. Come on man.

Bob Arum's fighters wipe their butt with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Did Berto try to fight Mosley when Mosley was on top?

Did Berto try to fight Pacquiao?
                Add a link to the first post please. Thanks.

Comment

I somewhat agree, Don King and Bob Arum have set boxing back 40 years. All they have done is become millionaires on the backs of fighters and once they start losing they throw em out and find new ones. They are very rich but put nothing into the sport, they would rather screw a fighter out of $50k than to give him $5000

But UFC isnt the answer, its a monopoly and Dana White is no better. If he doesnt like you then he cuts you and you cant fight anywhere else since UFC owns the next biggest competitor.

So he gives special treatment to his friends, so its either UFC or some local MMA org making $1000 a fight.

I dont like MMA because

1) ******ed judging where you can get hit in the face for 4 minutes but take a person down and lie on top and win the round. Wrestlers taking people down, lying on top doing 0 damage and winning the fight.

2) Bad Refs, almost all the fights that are stopped are stopped WAY too early.

3) Bad Judging

4) UFC Monopoly.
                  Last edited by Medved; 08-25-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

all of these guys are money hungry pigs...White is no different...altho i agree to a point with White i mostly disagree with his tactics to belittle boxing just to promote himself...dibella is ****...arum is ****...lol..promoters jus suck..but yes i agree with the fact boxers avoid each other too long....however its happening in MMA as well now with contract disputes...this guy fighten for this league etc....its jus an ongoing battle from the MMA guys tryna destroy the boxing sport....look at the current champs in the top 3 divisions..over half of their wins are by KO.....jus sayen..boxing is legit and always will b..

Comment

Bob Arum would rip the last $20 out of his grandmothers hand and feel no guilt

Comment

Working...
                      X