Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when was moving your feet in boxing a crime??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when was moving your feet in boxing a crime??

Seriously guys, you all need to STFU and stop whining. I was rooting for Maidana, but this is ridiculous! Any time a boxer decides to use his feet and take a few rounds off, even to get off queer street and get his legs back underneath him is now branded a runner???

Boxing matches don't take place in a 4x4 phone booth dickheads. If your opponent is moving away and you can't get to him, then your ass needs to improve your footwork, or cut off the ring better.

By everyone's standards on here, Ali was a "runner"

People need to stop using this derogatory term in relation to boxers who actually know how to use the whole ring and move their feet. It's completely and utterly ridiculous!!!!

The majority of NSB are pathetic people who find any excuse to discredit anybody that is doing well.

Comment

Ortiz was using his feet to take rounds off, when he was on the verge of a stoppage.

Now, that SHOULD be a crime.

Comment

Khan boxed Maidana's ears off for the greater part of the fight. Khan easily won at-least 7 of the first 9 rounds with brilliant combination punching, body punching and footwork.

He ran the final 3 rounds because he was HURT!

Why is that such a bad thing? If you're hurt you have to move and avoid getting hit again. Clinch if you must.

These fucking idiots expected Khan to trade bombs when he had rubbery legs.

Fighters have always run when they got hurt. All the way back to Tunney vs Dempsey II - Jack dropped Tunney with a combination, Tunney took the long count, got up and immediately jumped on his bike.

It's what smart fighters do.

Comment

These ******s actually forget Khan traded with Maidana a few times.

Which in itself basically tells them indirectly to shut their hypocrite mouths.

Comment

I hear you check, but this is NSB man. Half the people on here don't really know the sport nor do they understand styles. But the people that are complaining are the ones whose fighter lost. Maidana is a tough guy though and Khan beat him in an action packed fight. Khan did his best work early on that carried him to the W although he got hurt early in the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Seriously guys, you all need to STFU and stop whining. I was rooting for Maidana, but this is ridiculous! Any time a boxer decides to use his feet and take a few rounds off, even to get off queer street and get his legs back underneath him is now branded a runner???

Boxing matches don't take place in a 4x4 phone booth dickheads. If your opponent is moving away and you can't get to him, then your ass needs to improve your footwork, or cut off the ring better.

By everyone's standards on here, Ali was a "runner"

People need to stop using this derogatory term in relation to boxers who actually know how to use the whole ring and move their feet. It's completely and utterly ridiculous!!!!
              Exactly. Haters always find something to b!tch about.

Comment

Yep, every INTERNET WARRIOR thinks every boxing match should be UFC style kind of fights. What a joke!

Props to Khan. He proved his mettle. Everyone thought that he would do potshots. But majority of the fight, he elected to stand and trade big shots, that's how he earned the lone knockdown in the entire fight.

He got hurt in the late rounds. He chose the correct decision to move and pop. That's what smart boxers do. Move and keep composure. No need to trade when you're in queer street. He should try to emulate Floyd Jr., Khan would be more successful with that kind of style rather than fighting Pacquiao's kind of fight.

Khan is no Pacquiao.. now he should know after this fight..

Comment

Moving your feet in the ring!

Such a sad thing to see some fans whining, evidently the people whining have never been in the ring and would have no idea how to react if they were in there swapping punches. It is so easy to criticize a fighter when you have no idea what it's like to go toe to toe with another person for so many rounds! As my boxing ref friend always says, "Real men box, the want to be's just sit back and watch"! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/my...ysmilie_61.gif

Comment

majority of the posters on here has never stepped foot in a ring, and been hit hard----they may have been in street fights and been hit hard only to be knocked out though-lol-

the first thing boxers are taught to do is move around the ring---aka--use their ****ing feet---good thread---what khan did was smart and i had him losing by round 6 had he not moved so well in the fight and kept maidana turning---khan did nothing wrong imo---it's easy to see it from the outside--but take it from me, a former fighter--foot movement is not bad---

Comment

Working...
                    X