Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan of both Pac and Cotto......whats your take on 144-145 catch weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the catchweight is trivial in this fight. thats not whats gonna win the fight. For elite fighters, a couple of pounds dont matter.

Like i said the fight only happens if Pacquiao gets his false sense of security of the catchweight. If thats all that it takes to make the fight happen so be it, but i dont blame people for criticizing the pac camp.

He's 1# now, so be prepared for criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
      the catchweight is trivial in this fight. thats not whats gonna win the fight. For elite fighters, a couple of pounds dont matter.
      If that were true than why isn't the fight at 147 if a couple of pounds don't matter?

Comment

I'm a fan of both. But, this catchweight **** really is getting outta hand. I don't think a couple pounds is gonna matter all that much anyway. It's not the deciding factor, they should just fight at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
          If that were true than why isn't the fight at 147 if a couple of pounds don't matter?
          Like i said before,

it gives Pacquiao & his camp a false sense of security. They dont want the fight night weight difference to be excessively in favor for cotto. Im not sure how much cotto rehydrates on fight night, but its common knowledge that Pacquiao rehydrates to 147/48 every fight night.

If Pac camp says No catchweight, no fight.

What are u gonna do?

Comment

Like i said before,

it gives Pacquiao & his camp a false sense of security. They dont want the fight night weight difference to be excessively in favor for cotto. Im not sure how much cotto rehydrates on fight night, but its common knowledge that Pacquiao rehydrates to 147/48 every fight night.

What are u gonna do?
            Size doesn't win fights, intelligence does. Floyd Mayweather Jr was outweighed like 10-15 or more pounds against Oscar!!!

Comment

Like i said before,

What are u gonna do?

So then just say... Cotto... you can make 147lbs... you just re hydrate over 150.

Pac might be p4p#1... but that is a mythical title.

Cotto HAS a legitimate welterweight belt. He is the welterweight champion, and PAC is fighting HIM for HIS title.

So fight the welterweight champion, at welterweight... or wait until you can.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                I feel like if Pac feels he can fight at his best at 143... then let him.
                But let Cotto fight at his best, at 147.

Beat him at his best... or don't fight him.
                If Pac wants to come in lighter, then that's fine.

If Manny Pac wants to be the welterweight champion, by beating the welterweight champion... then do it at welterweight. And I don't want to hear "well technically anything between 141lbs and 147lbs is welterweight."

When someone asks what weight is welterweight... I say 147lbs.

I don't say... "Welllllllll anywhere between 141lbs and 147lbs reallyyy.."

Beat Cotto at his best, or wait until you can..

So I say if Manny wants to come in lighter to keep his speed, like Floyd came in lighter against DLH... then I don't see the big deal... but don't make the champion suffer, beat him at his best.

That's my personal opinion.
                Co ****ing sigN!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

**** Catchweights.

If manny Fought Oscar at 147 and he fought a guy that fight night weights 152-158 likke Cotto whats teh ****ing problem fighting Cotto at 147?????

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                    **** Catchweights.

If manny Fought Oscar at 147 and he fought a guy that fight night weights 152-158 likke Cotto whats teh ****ing problem fighting Cotto at 147?????
                    Put some points on Cotto. I got Manny.

Comment

Tough Fight

Ive been a huge fan of both these guys for the past 4 years, i think that if the fight takes place the minimum weight should be 144, i say that bc they r fighting for miguels 147 lb belt and it should tech be manny having to make the 147 instead of miguel risking his title below the weight....but with that said, its going to be a tough fight no matter what, mannys speed vs cottos power....makes for a great fight

Comment

Working...
                      X