Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when was moving your feet in boxing a crime??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it never was a crime but for some reason when Black Fighters do it they get bashed for it but when anybody else does it then it is "SMART" lol

many of you on this Forum contradict yourselves, when Dirrell used a stick and move strategy against Froch...The STRONGER MAN... people bashed the guy and complained about him "RUNNING" you can't have it both ways

when Mayweather sticked and moved against Oscar, people bashed him for it, if you have the superior boxing skills, footwork and speed...YOU SHOULD USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!!!
    Last edited by sicko; 12-13-2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
      majority of the posters on here has never stepped foot in a ring, and been hit hard----they may have been in street fights and been hit hard only to be knocked out though-lol-

the first thing boxers are taught to do is move around the ring---aka--use their ****ing feet---good thread---what khan did was smart and i had him losing by round 6 had he not moved so well in the fight and kept maidana turning---khan did nothing wrong imo---it's easy to see it from the outside--but take it from me, a former fighter--foot movement is not bad---
      You are so right, when I took lessons the coach always *****ed at me for my footwork and moves. Now that I box in tough man contests I have realized the importance of footwork and using the ring to my advantage.

Comment

Since it became possible to discredit trained fighters from the comfort of your computer chair.

Comment

I don't blame Kahn for holding and running at all. It was the smart thing to do. He was in trouble, and wanted to make sure he won. Nothing wrong with that. What would be a crime though, would be if he didn't grant Maidana a rematch at some point. He really didn't prove that he was the better fighter with that performance. He proved he was the better boxer, but he NARROWLY escaped with a win, and could have EASILY been stopped in round ten. That much, I think we all can agree on. He boxed smart, I'll give him that. But Maidana deserves a rematch IMO, because Kahn barely escaped with a victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post

The majority of NSB are pathetic people who find any excuse to discredit anybody that is doing well.
            very true.....................

Comment

Any advantage u got... use it!!! Even if he's not hurt it doesn't matter. I know that If I was a boxer I could care less about the fans and media and do what I gotta do

... But a thing that I kinda hate is clinching ala John Ruiz

Comment

I'm not accusing Amir Con of running. I'm accusing him and GBP of paying off Joe Cortez, which they did beyond a reasonable doubt. He should be banned for life. That includes incarnations. Don't want him coming back in 50 years as another ****ty boxer.

Comment

I've stepped in the ring before and sure moving your feet is a part of boxing, but what u saw from Khan was running. His lack of defense morphed running from Maidana as his form of defense. What kills me are the people who claim to love the sport, been in the ring, etc and come in and act like boxing is 100% about offense. Maybe if Khan had any semblance of defense and ring generalship, he wouldn't have looked so foolish running. He simply tried to shorten the fight, even checking the clock numerous times, because he had no answer for a guy with a 1 track gameplan which was wing punches at him hard.

He won. Fine and dandy with me. But stop trying to make sugar outta **** with how Khan performed. He was exposed for his lack of defense, and his inability to think and stick to a gameplan once someone take away Plan A. And I better not find a post in any of u guys history clowing DLH for what he did against Trinidad cause that's exactly what Khan did....RAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Aut_72 View Post
                    Any advantage u got... use it!!! Even if he's not hurt it doesn't matter. I know that If I was a boxer I could care less about the fans and media and do what I gotta do

... But a thing that I kinda hate is clinching ala John Ruiz
                    I agree 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      it never was a crime but for some reason when Black Fighters do it they get bashed for it but when anybody else does it then it is "SMART" lol

many of you on this Forum contradict yourselves, when Dirrell used a stick and move strategy against Froch...The STRONGER MAN... people bashed the guy and complained about him "RUNNING" you can't have it both ways

when Mayweather sticked and moved against Oscar, people bashed him for it, if you have the superior boxing skills, footwork and speed...YOU SHOULD USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!!!
                      Is Amir Khan black now?

Comment

Working...
                      X