Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Explains Missing IBF's Second-Day Weigh-In for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
    Oh you don't buy? You know what i don't buy? That he put on 20+ lbs from ******s looking for an excuse. Do you know how hard it is to drain 20lbs and be healthy?
    Why would GGG need excuses? He clearly won the fight and he koncked down the guy.

But looking two guys in the ring together you must be blind not too see there is a much more than 6lbs betweem them. Not only that Jacobs is significantly taller but he also looked bulker than Gennady. Credit to his team, the tactic worked in the sense he gave Gennady hardest fight since Ouma. However he will need something more in the rematch if he hopes to make it as interesting as the first fight.

Comment

Yes there would have. Golovkin would have still needed to weigh-in or be stripped.
      No he wouldn't. If the title wasn't on the line there wouldn't have been a 2nd day weigh in.

I thought that would be partisan issue that everyone knew and would agree on but I see I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        No he wouldn't. If the title wasn't on the line there wouldn't have been a 2nd day weigh in.

I thought that would be partisan issue that everyone knew and would agree on but I see I was wrong.
        Title has to be on the line for every MW fight or he gets stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Danny about second weigh in......

"“But for me, I really wanted to focus on this fight. And we had a game plan. We wanted to make sure we used our size .......

Well that BS because he basicly was on the move 75% of the fights, he only faced and threw shots 25% of the time.

To come in noticely bigger you'd think it would be to out muscle GGG but he boxed on the outside and did a little running too. He did better at southpaw because he made GGG calculate his foot work and become more methodical.

I think like every one of GGG opponents when they get hit early they get RESPECT for him right away.
          He didn't get hurt bad on the knock down but it was NO push and he got rocked in the 9th also.

I thought Danny was smart but fell short with total volume of punches. GGG played very solid defense by his shoulder & head movement and his telling punches out weighed Danny's by far. Good tactical fight by both men.
          7-5 or 8-4 either way is ok but GGG clearly won.

Ray
          Well educated and well written post. Green sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Why would GGG need excuses? He clearly won the fight and he koncked down the guy.

But looking two guys in the ring together you must be blind not too see there is a much more than 6lbs betweem them. Not only that Jacobs is significantly taller but he also looked bulker than Gennady. Credit to his team, the tactic worked in the sense he gave Gennady hardest fight since Ouma. However he will need something more in the rematch if he hopes to make it as interesting as the first fight.
            You have no evidence of that. Jacobs looked bigger at the official weigh-in when both were 159. You can't tell someones weight down to within lbs by looking at then.

You need excuses to explain why a B level fighter had a close fighte with the hype job Golovkin. Everyone can see what you pathetic fanboys are doing. The truth is he just isn't what you made him out to be.

Comment

Title has to be on the line for every MW fight or he gets stripped.

That rule doesn't say what you think it says.

And has no bearing on this situation, try again.

Comment

Wait, people complaining about weight when it suits their fighter. Dougie of Ring was complaining that Jacobs was using the weight advantage but yet you never hear him complain about Canelo having a 15-20 lbs weight advantage or how Lemiuex did the same last week. How come they don't complain about Crawford centering the ring at 154 or how Peterson was 165 when he fought Garcia, or how about all the fighters that had a 10+ lbs over Floyd. Salido out weighed Loma by 7 lbs fight night and they cry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  That rule doesn't say what you think it says.

And has no bearing on this situation, try again.
                  I think it's pretty clear what that rule says.

Comment

"Kazakhstan’s Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) weighed 170 pounds on HBO’s unofficial scale Saturday night. Brooklyn’s Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) wouldn’t allow HBO to weigh him Saturday night, but said following his unanimous-decision defeat to Golovkin that he was “probably about 175” pounds when their 12-round battle began at Madison Square Garden. "

more like 180. They dont dehydrate you on the HBO scales, takes two seconds to step on them. Jacobs

Comment

You have no evidence of that. Jacobs looked bigger at the official weigh-in when both were 159. You can't tell someones weight down to within lbs by looking at then.

You need excuses to explain why a B level fighter had a close fighte with the hype job Golovkin. Everyone can see what you pathetic fanboys are doing. The truth is he just isn't what you made him out to be.
                      I dont have the proof in the same way you dont have the proof. So we are talking about the opinions in this case.
                      You think it was some neligible difference in the weight, well I dont. I know what I saw the other night, and it was one guy being much bigger than the other one. The difference was much more pronounced in the fight, not so much at the weigh-in.

As for the later part. First, I consider Jacobs to be the 2nd best MW and certainly better much better than B level fighter. He would beat any oher MW ncluding Canelo. Gennady was somehow less active and probably can do better, but he still clearly won and he outlanded, knocked down, hurt multiple times the elite opponent in the meantime. As Abel said 7/10 is the mark for his performance.

Next time it will likely be much worst for Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X