No announcement yet.

GGG shoulder roll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
    If you can't see GGG's sublime defense on Saturday then it's your loss. His movements were very subtle, just enough to get out of the danger zone then he goes back to offense because he is an offensive force. Unlike James Toney's D, GGG doesn't stay in the pocket to exchange. And unlike Mayweather he doesn't go all out on defense. I'm not saying he's up there yet with the two aforementioned fighters, but the boy can slip and slide.

GGG steps back 1-2 then jab or uses the right cross when Lemieux is charging in. If he is too close to the ropes he turns Lemieux around to disrupt Lemieux's foward progress. Or when Lemieux loads up he turns on his side to narrow Lemieux's target and uses the shoulder to deflect Lemieux's punches. One thing I should note is the left hand GGG use to disrupt Lemieux's offense. It is very similar to Mayweather's tactic to disrupt an opponent charging in. When both fighters do that they create a bigger gap or it stops the opp's initial forward movement, making it difficult to throw the intended power punch.

Hey, dont take it from me, even the great James Toney said GGG is the best MW since his prime self so...
    Ggg has defense like OG chavez. Not fancy, just effective. These guys think you have to be Sweet Pea to have defense.

Comment

It's easy to use when you're fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        It's easy to use when you're fighting bums.
        I guess every Olympic Fighter and the entire Middleweight division are bums according to your simpleton way of analyzing.

Comment

GGG has over 300 amateur fights. GGG's IQ is one of the best in the sport. It just so happens that he is very offensive minded. His sense of distance is a very good indicator of this, most punchers smother their punches, GGG is always in position and on balance to throw hard shots.

WHen you have that many amateur fights you're going to be have multiple facets to your game.
          Last edited by TRTboy; 10-20-2015, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Fighters who had that long amateur career always have difficulties dealing with the tricks of the trade of the pros, yeah GGG doesn't use much clinching if any, but how would he deal with someone strong trying to clinch him and neutralize him, when u r fighting a guy like GGG u gotta show him different looks, sometimes u move sometimes u fight on the inside sometimes u clinch sonetimes u push him off sometimes u use ur forearms to keep him at bay, he just never fought someone that can show him this versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
              If you can't see GGG's sublime defense on Saturday then it's your loss. His movements were very subtle, just enough to get out of the danger zone then he goes back to offense because he is an offensive force. Unlike James Toney's D, GGG doesn't stay in the pocket to exchange. And unlike Mayweather he doesn't go all out on defense. I'm not saying he's up there yet with the two aforementioned fighters, but the boy can slip and slide.

GGG steps back 1-2 then jab or uses the right cross when Lemieux is charging in. If he is too close to the ropes he turns Lemieux around to disrupt Lemieux's foward progress. Or when Lemieux loads up he turns on his side to narrow Lemieux's target and uses the shoulder to deflect Lemieux's punches. One thing I should note is the left hand GGG use to disrupt Lemieux's offense. It is very similar to Mayweather's tactic to disrupt an opponent charging in. When both fighters do that they create a bigger gap or it stops the opp's initial forward movement, making it difficult to throw the intended power punch.

Hey, dont take it from me, even the great James Toney said GGG is the best MW since his prime self so...
              Very good points. I have always thought his defense was underrated.

I'm not fan of Mayweather because he always was defense first. It's effective in going the distance but I like the aggressive style better. GGG combines both. I also like it better than Toney's. I liked Toney's a lot but he was so laid back it almost seemed lazy. I'm not knocking him. Toney was so great at what he did. It's just that I prefer a more action style like GGG has. And of course his defense is sound. He wouldn't have gotten this far without it. This will also tell in a big way against Cotto or Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Calculating... View Post
                Green K for you sir when I can again!
                Kovalev looks like a battle hardened Roman Centurion. He has the eyes of a man who has hacked fellow human beings to death with a sword.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
                  Damn. Now GGG has a shoulder roll.
                  Thanks man LMAO.

So funny!

Best Regards, Zaroku

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                    Kovalev looks like a battle hardened Roman Centurion. He has the eyes of a man who has hacked fellow human beings to death with a sword.
                    Freaky thing is Kovalev already beat someone to death! RIP Roman

But I agree, Kovalev does look like a warrior

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      Very good points. I have always thought his defense was underrated.

I'm not fan of Mayweather because he always was defense first. It's effective in going the distance but I like the aggressive style better. GGG combines both. I also like it better than Toney's. I liked Toney's a lot but he was so laid back it almost seemed lazy. I'm not knocking him. Toney was so great at what he did. It's just that I prefer a more action style like GGG has. And of course his defense is sound. He wouldn't have gotten this far without it. This will also tell in a big way against Cotto or Canelo.
                      You must be new to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X