No announcement yet.

50 greatest boxing movies in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 greatest boxing movies in history

Spoiler alert, neither Rocky or Raging Bull are number one. How many of these have you seen and which are the top 5 in your opinion?

https://www.newsweek.com/greatest-50...rm=nwm_1228262

The article only lets me click up to number 11, can't see the top ten. I've seen most of these. One of my favorites is Fat City, with Stacy Keach, great boxing movie. Hard Times with Bronson was more of a fight movie than an actual boxing movie, but also one of my favorites. Night and the City was a good one. Requiem for a Heavyweight--both versions with Anthony Quinn and Jack Palance. The Emile Griffith documentary was heart-wrenching.

Comment

Comment

Where can I find the Top-10?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          The article only lets me click up to number 11, can't see the top ten. I've seen most of these. One of my favorites is Fat City, with Stacy Keach, great boxing movie. Hard Times with Bronson was more of a fight movie than an actual boxing movie, but also one of my favorites. Night and the City was a good one. Requiem for a Heavyweight--both versions with Anthony Quinn and Jack Palance. The Emile Griffith documentary was heart-wrenching.
          Was the Jack Palance version of Requiem for a Heavyweight ever released on DVD? And as long as Rocky and Raging Bull are on there, then it's a good list.

Comment

And what about the original versions of The Champ and Night and the City?

And just keep scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking next page, it has the full list. Unforgivable Blackness? Really? But that's a documentary. Rocky or Raging Bull should've taken the top spot. There should be a separate list for documentaries.
            Last edited by Anthony342; 11-30-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Was the Jack Palance version of Requiem for a Heavyweight ever released on DVD? And as long as Rocky and Raging Bull are on there, then it's a good list.
              yes, I have it at home. not sure if it is still available.

Comment

They made me a criminal. 1939.

John Garfield, Claude Raines and the deadend kids. Great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                  Where can I find the Top-10?
                  https://www.newsweek.com/greatest-50...1228262?page=3

https://www.newsweek.com/greatest-50...1228262?page=4

Comment

Live it up. Keep posting off the back of my points just as if my wife did not leave me for what you guys did to me. She said a real man wouldn't take it, that I was a wimp. She said the real man must be the one who took my points. You sons of...Then she walked out the door. I'll get even, don't you worry. You boys cost me a wife and you will pay.

Comment

Working...
                    X